Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Pro II/Shimano FIT
  • Cotters
    Free Member

Hi – I have just traded in my old FSR for a wonderful 5 Pro with the equally wonderful Float forks with the new FIT system on the front. I have a spare set of wheels which I have always wanted to utilise for changing tyres over quicker when wet/dry etc which also have Pro II hubs (as per the new set), BUT the front wheel isn't a FIT system. This might be a very stupid question, but can I get it altered to accommodate the new system or do I need a whole new hub ??

coatesy
    Free Member

Fill me in, what's a FIT system, may well have seen it but not heard it called that.

jonk

FIT is the new damper, the axle is the 15mm shimano / fox standard to compete with the maxle.
    Conversion kit here

http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/176/hub441/hope-pro-2-front-hub-15mm-conversion-kit.html

coatesy
    Free Member

Ah, I see, so the FIT system has nowt to do with the hub, that's why i'm confused. If you have Pro2 hubs then it's just a matter of swapping the hub end caps/adapters for a 15mm set. You can get them from any Hope dealer, we've got a few sets in our shop.

Cotters
    Free Member

Thanks jonk – do you know if its an easy conversion or do I need a degree in engineering to complete the task….??? 😕

Cotters
    Free Member

Cheers guys – I knew there would be a simple solution ( for once :lol:….!!!!!)

anjs
    Free Member

nope, I seem to recall they just pull off but might be wrong

coatesy
    Free Member

If you can tap or pull the end caps off yours then it's just a case of pushing the new parts in, but they can be tight sometimes.

thumbie
    Free Member

Simple to do…this vid from Hope explains all…follow this

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro II/Shimano FIT’ is closed to new replies.