Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hope Pro II Service (excessive hammer/wrong tools content)
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Right then

Firstly the man on the video on the hope website already told me so…

I had everything out and cleaned

Greased the bearing housings and popped in the drive side bearing – easy

then trying to put the axel in in popped out- no worries I pop it back and give in a tap(read into the what you will) but I dont have the proper flat plate thingy so it gone in a bit squint, knock in out and try again but can't get it to sit right.

So I try a little more enthusiastically with the hammer and bugger up the bearing – not sure where it landed after I removed it and tried to put it into orbit.

On further inspection there is now a tiny ridge in the drive side bearing housing

how bad can it be?? Sending my GF to the LBS to see if they can pop a fresh one in for me

robarnold
    Free Member

That's called ovalising. If you're lucky they'll be able to rub it down with some wet and dry and the new bearing will still be an inteference fit. If you're unlucky your hub is fubarred and you'll need a new one.

Bon chance!

sv

Good move sending the GF to the LBS makes you look less of a tw*t!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

cheers, sounds bad, will see what they can do. Only sending the GF as I'm at work!! I'm not that chicken

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro II Service (excessive hammer/wrong tools content)’ is closed to new replies.