• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by cp.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • hope pro ii noise gone.
  • pnik

basically that, I assumed it was the pawls, but having another hub I just flipped the free hub across expected the “problem” to move but it didn’t. The click wheel still is and the quiet wheel still is. Two voices in my head it doesn’t matter vs. must be a problem with the hub body itself.

Thoughts?

rondo101
    Free Member

Too much grease in the ratchet ring?

qwerty
    Free Member

Transient hearing loss.

pnik

not scientific but I shoved a rag in both to remove any excess but didnt use any cleaning product, they don’t look significantly different to me. may be a toothbrush called for or a fuggit attitude.

z1ppy

stop panicking, if all the pawls are still fitted, the noise/clicking will come back soon enough. Just get on and ride it!

ononeorange

As qwerty above, did you happen to leave on your industrial ear defenders forgetfully while riding it?

dyls

My new hope 2’s are also quite quiet, prefer it that way tbh.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Check your pawl springs, they are prone to rusting away !

Superficial
    Free Member

If you want the noise to return, wash out the inside of the hub with plenty of WD40 to drive out any grease.
    If you want your hub to work well and last a long time, don’t do this.

dannyh
    Free Member

Must be the ratchet on one of the wheels has more grease in it(?)

Quiet pro IIs usually indicate that those crappy leaf springs have corroded and shattered to me. I love the hubs and their serviceability, but those leaf springs are definitely the weak link in an otherwise excellent component.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Weird i bought a knackered pair of Pro2’s of here, after swapping the out the bearings, axle and re greasing the pawls it is much louder than my newer evo model (not the new 40t version), i assumed a nice new coat of grease helped the mechanism action faster hence making the clicking louder not quieter?

cp

Wonder if the ratchet ring in the quiet hub is wearing. My xc hub queens up towards the end of ratchet ring life.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘hope pro ii noise gone.’ is closed to new replies.