Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope Pro II front hub problem
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

WhenI was running my Hope Pro II hub with a 20mm axel on both my Pikes & Van 36's there was no free play of the hub about the axel.

However since the wheels have been swapped to a bike with a normal QR up front, there's a bit of play in the hub, you can feel it when you apply the front brake and "wiggle" the wheel with your hand.

I've changed the o-rings on the QR adapters but it hasn't got any better.

Is it rebuild time?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If there was no play with the 20 mm axle then there should be none with the QR.

Is it all assembled properly with no endfloat of the wheel on the axle? the qr should pull it all together.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Tried it all for end float (I assume that's the hub moving side to side within the QR) and there's definate play in the hub.

New bearings me thinks

ojom
    Free Member

Its not your brake pads moving is it? Sometimes that can feel like bearing play.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Bikechain, I tried my mates Hope hoop in place of mine today and there's no play

steve_b77
    Free Member

Sorted, two new bearing installed and all wobbly bits gone.

It's fair to say the ones that came out were a bit on the rusty side.

knott4me
    Free Member

Hope still deny this issue excists.its the bearings that are not seated properly. A gentle tap job done

fozzybear
    Free Member

LOL different "issue" knott4me, his bearings had play in them, this isn't the "my 20mm to QR adapters won't fit in my forks".

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro II front hub problem’ is closed to new replies.