• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DanW.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Pro II Evo: QR to 142mm "E-Thru" help please!
  • DanW
    Free Member

Hi all,

I have a Hope Pro II Evo rear hub using an XX1 freehub. I have been using this fine with a QR skewer but now use a frame with a 142×12 “E-Thru” rear axle.

I bought the “12mm bolt thru” conversion kit from CRC but it does not appear to fit correctly since the 10t of the XX1 cassette is almost in line with the edge of the adapter (i.e. no room for the adapter to sit in the dropout) and it also seems to be too narrow overall.

Am I correct to be using the “12mm bolt thru” kit for an E-thru frame or should I have ordered the “X-12” kit? If not, I noticed the CRC page said extra spacers were needed to use the X-12 kit with XX1 and I wondered if there might be something similar needed with the 12mm bolt thru kit perhaps?

I’ve emailed Hope a few days ago without any reply. Before I give them a call I thought I’d try the STW massif to ease their workload 😀

Any help you can give to get my XX1/ Pro II Evo hub working properly with my 142×12 E-Thru frame is very much appreciated!

stephen131
    Free Member

Did you get the x12 kit ?
    That’s the one that works with xd

DanW
    Free Member

No, the “12mm bolt thru” kit. I got some shakey advice before buying and 12mm bolt thru seemed more likely than the “X12” which I assumed only fitted the Syntace X12 standard, while assuming the 12mm bolt thru would fit all other 12mm standards for some reason. Looks like I bought the wrong one then!

blairc70
    Free Member

You need the two end caps X12, thats all. Just be careful because the silver one ( drive side ) comes in two versions that are only 1mm different on the outside diameter. One fits through the xx1 cassette the other fouls and tightens up on to the hub and locks it.
    I had the same issue with mine and modified the wrong one with a file and an electric drill and its worked fine for a couple of months.

spectabilis
    Free Member

As mentioned above you can modify the standard 12×142 cap to fit but there is a specific driveside one for Xd driver setups it’s HUB471 http://b2b.hopetech.com/page.aspx?itemID=SPG282

DanW
    Free Member

So, where do I get the XX1 specific spacer from? It doesn’t seem to be listed in the usual online stores, just the “normal” X12 kit 😕 Might be a LBS job I guess

drovercycles
    Free Member

Hope 12mm bolt-through means 135×12, as above you need their X12 adapters for 142×12 and there’s a specific spacer for XD freehubs.

So, where do I get the XX1 specific spacer from? It doesn’t seem to be listed in the usual online stores, just the “normal” X12 kit Might be a LBS job I guess

The part you need, as spectabilis says, is HUB471 from Hope. Quick Google search doesn’t show anyone selling it online in stock so LBS would be a good option. I’m just doing a Hope order so if you want us to order you one and stick in the post, let me know. Cost is £6.48 posted.

DanW
    Free Member

Ah… all makes sense now. Not the most obvious naming convention on the adapters as X12 makes it sound very specific to Syntace axles in some way

Thanks for the offer Drover Cycles, really appreciate it. I’ve ordered from CRC though- good spot Stephen!

Thanks everyone 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro II Evo: QR to 142mm "E-Thru" help please!’ is closed to new replies.