Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope Pro II Evo and Stans Crest or ….
  • pixelmix
    Free Member

The SLX hubs and Mavic XM317 rims on my Anthem or probably the weakest link in the spec, and will get replaced eventually to shed some weight.

Hope Pro II Evo hubs seem to have a decent mix of reliability vs weight, and when paired with Stans Crests, are pretty good value at around £300. However, they aren’t hugely light, so what is a little bit lighter/better for a little bit more money (£400 ish)?

Hope Pro II Evo on Stans Olympic sounds appealing, but as they aren’t available as Hope Hoops, they seem to be a good chunk more expensive. Anything else to consider?

PS – I’m a skinny short arse, and they will be used with 2.1″ (ish) tubeless tyres for XC riding.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

pro 3 on crests

pixelmix
    Free Member

Hmm, interesting. What are the thoughts on 3 bolt discs?

DaveBro
    Free Member

I have pro 3’s on my Anthem – however stayed with the 6 bolt option as the weight saving didnt seem worth having ‘hard to source’ rotors / buying wheels that were not compatable with my pile of spares etc.

Good wheels, some concerns expressed on here over robustness – i am 11st and at times clumsy, ride mostly XC, occasional trail centre etc – no problmes.

ojom
    Free Member

Grame – we are getting some American C’s on Crests coming soon, plus several pairs of the Evo on Crests.

The Pro 3 doesn’t sell so well, but a few pairs have happy owners. Ronan has some (couldawouldashouda) and he seems to get on with them just fine.

I would rather go with the 6 bolt approach from a compatibility point of view though.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Ah, right, so it’s the HOPE HOOPS PRO3 SP-XC6 I’d need for 6 bolt rotors. Looks like an option.

Will have a chat with you when I have some pennies together Mark.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

You won’t get anything with crests until the begining of next month at the earliest, unless its in stock somewhere already.

thejesmonddingo

I’ve got these http://www.justridingalong.com//shop.php?product=7261
    I like them,I’m 14st but do XC with no problems.
    Ian

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro II Evo and Stans Crest or ….’ is closed to new replies.