Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • hope pro II bearings wearing quickly
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

got through my original set in a few months, got through the 2nd set in a few months 3rd/4th just as quick, just ordered a new set of SKF’s but does anyone else go through them this quickly?

SlowJohn
    Free Member

no mine are trouble free for over a year now. Id get in touch with hope they shouldnt wear like that

MikeWW
    Free Member

Yep

carlphillips
    Free Member

well not just hope bearings, lots of different brands, so maybe a common denominator there..?

CheesybeanZ

strange thing mine are 10 months old and have stopped making that pro2 special noise , are they fecked ?

SlowJohn
    Free Member

cheesy my hubs stopped being so noisy once turned out one of the pawl springs were bust

carlphillips
    Free Member

front hub i’m on about

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

ack mine with fresh grease about every two/three months in winter and once over the summer. Still running on originals at about 14months.

carlphillips
    Free Member

lateral play in mine so not really solved by packing

singlespeedstu

I was getting through Pro2 front bearings at an alarming rate one the tandem.

Then i switched to Enduro Max Bearings from BETD and I’ve not had a problem since.

Shandy
    Free Member

Fatmutha there were people getting play in their Pro2 20mm hubs, I had a bit myself but it wasn’t the bearings, it just needs retightened from time to time.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Then i switched to Enduro Max Bearings from BETD

Sheldon Brown reckons these should never be used on a bicycle…

MrSmith
    Free Member

Sheldon Brown is dead (RIP) he’s never going to find out if you fit enduro max bearings.

singlespeedstu

Sheldon Brown didn’t have to keep changing standard bearings on the front of my tandem either…..

john_l
    Free Member

Fatmutha there were people getting play in their Pro2 20mm hubs, I had a bit myself but it wasn’t the bearings, it just needs retightened from time to time.

what was the issue & what needs retightening?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘hope pro II bearings wearing quickly’ is closed to new replies.