Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hope Pro Evo2 rear free hub disintegration
  • mccraque

Disaster! My pro evo has crumbled… 6 months old, ridden once or twice a week tops. Sounded odd yesterday and the qr loosened itself off mid ride. Still spun, no other outward signs.

Pulled out a whole load of mangled spacers, seals and pawls today. Anyone had similar experience?
    Cant find the damn receipt… How are hope with these things? Seems a little more than standard wear and tear

cynic-al
    Free Member

You can now take advantage of their AMAZING customer service.

Just phone them.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Did you buy it at a bike shop?
    If so go via them.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Hope are brilliant , I had one disintegrate not the original purchaser and several years old and they sorted me out dead fast and despite knowing I wasn’t the original owner replaced the hub body for free… Although I suspect it was one of the faulty batch that they had a spate of bursting hubs with.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

I’m going to buy a Hope Pro 2 Evo rear hub despite this thread

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/more-hopeless-crap

…as I have already bought my spokes to suit

yetialex
    Free Member

Discovered my 16 month old Freehub split in two the other week, posted to them with returns form on Tues, parcel containing new freehub arrived Thurs morning. Can’t really ask for better customer service than that.

stenhousemuir
    Free Member

Yes mine did the same. I took it straight into the factory, they said it must of been one from a dodgy batch of freehubs, and changed it there and then for a new one for me (free / no questions asked)

Hope don’t seem like the most reliable stuff, but they fix everything for nowt!

mccraque

I was thinking that the hub was going to be bullet proof (well…using my Eastons as a comparison!!).

Problem being that the manged internals have gouged all the axle and area into which the pawls lock….so is looking more than just a feeehub.

I’ve taken it back to the shop from which I bought it. They’re going to phone Hope today and we’ll take it from there….very much hope to be reporting good news!

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I was thinking that the hub was going to be bullet proof (well…using my Eastons as a comparison!!).

Problem being that the manged internals have gouged all the axle and area into which the pawls lock….so is looking more than just a feeehub.

I’ve taken it back to the shop from which I bought it. They’re going to phone Hope today and we’ll take it from there….very much hope to be reporting good news!

I split the hub body on a pro 2 that I bought second hand. Sent them the whole wheel and they built a brand new hub and spokes onto my rim.

mccraque

Update – Fully replaced freehub body and internals – Thanks to Hope and to Prestige Cycles in Hove for such an easy and hassle free turnaround.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro Evo2 rear free hub disintegration’ is closed to new replies.