Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope Pro 3 Road Front Hub Bearing Replacement
  • mugsys_m8

Hi,

It seems I need to replace the bearing on the above hub, as there is some play. I'm a bit confused about what hub specific tools I need to:
    a) get the bearing out and strip down the hub and
    b) to drive the new bearing back in.
    I've got normal tools, but have never replaced a hub cartridge bearing

Do I just need the Hope Bearing Support Bush Tool, or do I need the Hope Pro 2 Seal Tool (can't find a Pro 3 equivalent… but the same hub is it not apart from disc mounts?)

Also what Hope Specific tools do I need to strip the freehub down (bearings are ok, but would like to service the free hub.

Many thanks in advance. I've looked on the Hope website but most of it is for Pro 3, and rear hubs only.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

You sure the bearing is goosed? The axle on pro3 screws together and can feel like bearing play if it comes loose, try taking the wheel out of forks 1st and seeing if that's the problem, once in a while I think my bearings are shot and the axle is 1/4 turn loose.

mugsys_m8

oh cheers mate.

Not even looked at it yet to see what the prob is so you could (hopefully) be right. It really is the slightest play, but sends vibrations all through the bike when gently bouncing it on the floor.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Yep that sound like it might be the case, keep us posted.

mugsys_m8

I think it's done the job. Not 100% sure as I'm in the process of building my new frame up and there's some vibrations from the sti's as they are not cabled up, and no bar tape on etc so banging around a bit.

The axle didn't feel loose, but I undid it, took it out, had a look see and put it back and tightened. It feels better but time will tell. Suprised how little there is in the hub! I'm used to (but hate servicing them) cup and cone. Never had to touch a cartridge bearing hub in 3 years of running various models.

mugsys_m8

Many thanks by the way.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 3 Road Front Hub Bearing Replacement’ is closed to new replies.