Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope pro 2/freewheel/cassette tech help needed!
  • DavidFelt
    Free Member

Ham fisted fettler needing help here… Replaced most of the drivetrain this weekend, new bb, chainring, pedals, cassette, chain etc and after fitting the chain and giving things a spin, the rear hub is engaging when pedalling backwards, ie, I can make the wheel spin backwards while pedalling backwards and when pushing the bike the cranks are rotating instead of the freewheel engaging and them staying still…

I already need a few more bits for the bike yet, tell me I don’t need a new hub! Anyone experienced this or can shed any light on why this is happening?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Make sure the plastic seal that sits behind the freehub body is seated properly.Failing that could be a seized freehub bearing.

jam-bo

did you take the freehub off?

if you did, did you put the spacer back?

senorj

Either…you’ve forgotten the spacer washer that sits behind free hub body,or,the seal behind the free hub body isn’t flush,or,the end caps of the hub have worn down and rubbing on the bearings .the latter was a new one on me last week!

DavidFelt
    Free Member

The free hub came away with the cassette as it was a little tight, I don’t remember seeing a spacer, Ffs, off to the shed I go! Haha cheers guys I will report the spacer situation and see if that sheds any light on it!

DavidFelt
    Free Member

Just watched a hope vid and when refitting the free hub they had to use a tool and I’ve it a fair bit of pressure for it to ‘click’ into place, I haven’t done this so I’m gonna go try that and see if it improves things!

Rorschach
    Free Member

You can just work around it with something blunt to push it in (tyre lever)a bit at a time.

DavidFelt
    Free Member

Turns out the free hub body just needed ‘pressing’ into the hub itself more, used the wrong end of a fork to just work it round, it seemed the ‘click’ a little, refitted everything and seems okay! Thanks a lot you geniuses!!!!

Rorschach
    Free Member

I accept PP gift.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope pro 2/freewheel/cassette tech help needed!’ is closed to new replies.