Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 XD driver conversion
  • bedfo
    Free Member

Hi all

I have an older pro 2 rear hub (142 x 12) that I want to convert to use a SRAM XD 11 speed cassette. Google reveals no definitive answers and Hope’s site doesn’t even show the XD driver kit.

So, does anyone know if the conversion kit will work for my pro 2 or is it specifically for the pro 2 evo?

Cheers!

Northwind

Had a google around, looks like you have to upgrade the entire hub to Evo spec- new axle, endcaps and IIRC all the bearings too. Basically the outer shell is the same. So it’s pretty expensive… This does have the advantage of giving you the stronger axle though, definitely worth it if you’re on a 12mm rear. (I did this to mine because I was fed up snapping the bastards)

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m about 95% certain only the evo gets the xD driver option.

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

I’ve done this, you’ll need the Evo upgrade kit. I’m not sure the bearings are required
    Wiggle
    Give Hope a call they are very helpful and will give you the exact part numbers

bedfo
    Free Member

Cheers guys

That’s a bit of a pain! I was hoping to be able to quickly swap it back by simply popping the freehub off and sticking to old one back on to change between bikes.

It’ll probably be better for me to get a shimano 11 speed cassette and shifter instead, and that way I can swap whenever I want and the parts are cheaper when stuff wears out.

Cheers

reggiegasket
    Free Member

As you say, just get a 11speed Shimano cassette. You don’t get the 10t and they are fairly heavy compared to Sram but they’ll work fine with either Shimano or Sram shifter.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 XD driver conversion’ is closed to new replies.