Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 Trials hub rebuild
  • 69er
    Free Member

Can anybody confirm the bearing size on the drive side of the hub shell.

Thankyou, Simon

fozzybear
    Free Member

same as a normal pro 2
    i take it you mean IN the body of the hub which is a 61802 2rs
    if you mean in the free hub they are 2 x 61903 2rs closest the pawls and the one in the freehub near the cap is a 61902 2rs.
    (this is based on the assumption a trails pro 2 is the same as a normal pro 2)

you could always look on hopegb.com and confirm using the build diagrams on their site!

JoeNation
    Free Member

Hope can supply bearings, and I'm sure can they confirm the sizes by email or phone if you're upgrading.

69er
    Free Member

fozzy – thanks for your reply but I don't want to assume, I want to know. The information for standard Pro 2's is readily available. The info for the s/s hub is not.

Does anyone actually know if the drive side hub shell bearing is a 61902?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Does anyone actually know if the drive side hub shell bearing is a 61902?

If you put it that way I'm not sure you'll get a reply – why don't you just mail Hope – then you'll KNOW – they reply very quickly IME!

69er
    Free Member

The problem came up a few minutes after Hope went home 😯

I'm only asking for a fact, not a guess….I'd like to get this sorted tonight if poss.

69er
    Free Member

And yes, there's a typo… I've been sold a pair of 6903's as hub shell bearings.

singlespeedstu

They're the same bearings in the trials/ss hub as the standard hub.

Like what fozzy said.

69er
    Free Member

Ah, Stu – when looking down on the bearing in question does the outer race sit roughly flush with the land of the inner shell?

It's just that I'm fairly sure I've got the right bearings, but the drive side hub bearing doesn't look as though it's seated correctly. And the freehub body sits too far outboard when reassembled.

fozzybear
    Free Member

sits flush

singlespeedstu

As above it stits flush with the hub shell.

69er
    Free Member

Mmm. Ok, cheers guys. I must be being a bit of a cock then. I'll look at it tomorrow when I'm less tired.

Thanks y'all.

singlespeedstu

Post up some pics if you get stuck.

fozzybear
    Free Member

happy to help where i can, rebuilt a few pro 2's now and XC's still need a good way of getting that bloomin seal on quick/easy

69er
    Free Member

Ok, this is slightly embarrasing but here goes:

The drive side hub bearing was running dry, the outer race has worn to the extent it has split in two 8O. On removing the axle in an explosion of balls and rusty cages, the split inner race was left behind. It looked like a chamfered edge but on reflection I may have boobed somewhat :oops:.

Anyhoo, all bits now removed, I shall go riding tonight! Thanks for your input gents.

fozzybear
    Free Member

you left the outer shell in the hub body right?

ahh well happens to us all, took me ages to dig the **** one out the freehub last time mine exploded and ate the axle!! here's a photo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ukfozzybear/3704853997/

mafu26
    Free Member

ring up the good lads at tartybikes.co.uk they'll happily give you all the info you need.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 Trials hub rebuild’ is closed to new replies.