Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 rear problem
  • MrSalmon
    Free Member

My Pro II has had new bearings twice now and both times it's had to go to the shop just to get it apart, and both times it's apparently been a bit of a mission for them with bearings seized onto the axle.

(I don't have a vice or know anyone handy with one.)

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey. Sounds great. Now that I have proven my worth, do you want one of my bearing kits for free to top of your accomplishment?

kaesae
    Free Member

I can show you how to service these hubs with what ever is lying around I can also sell you superb bearing kits. Upto the riders really but I'm all about biking and I don't have a penny in the bank, so I certainly am not a banker!!!

Shorty121
    Free Member

Just about to ask about the bearing sizes 😛

Shorty121
    Free Member

Got some new bearings ordered and now some springs and pawls where can I get that set?

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Ring 18bike sin hope and speak to si – 01433621111 – will cost a few quid 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Or £10 pawls – http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/176/hub516/hope-pro-2-pawls-set-of-4.html

or £3 for springs – http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/176/hub515/hope-pro-2-pawl-springs-set-of-4.html

Free P&P – UKBikeStore is very reliable IME for hope spares 🙂

Driller
    Free Member

If you've soaked it with penetrating fluid like WD40 or GT85 you'll need to replace the bearings, you'll have stripped the grease from inside them.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

or simply repack them with grease

kaesae
    Free Member

I can give you a performance kit for your hub that will out last the competition by years. They are also performance bearing as well, the problem with direct replacement bearings by hope and most other bearings is that they don't get weather proofed so don't last too long.

Upto you but my kits sell for £19.50 plus postage so getting the best kit on the market for free doesn't sound like a bad thing to me!

boxelder

kaesae – could you mail me some details of your kit please. Are you talking about tools to replace the bearings? If the OP isn't interested in your offer, I'll be happy to verify their usefulness.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Yeah that's what I'm thinking

kaesae
    Free Member

WOT a tooling kit as well. I've been giving the kits away recently anyway. email me your address both of you and no one else. I'll send out some kits and show you a guide on changing the bearings.

I really do have the best kits in the industry. why do you think descent world ran the story on them. I gave them kits for some of their own bikes and some to give away as well.

http://www.descent-world.co.uk/2010/03/10/katec-bikes-custom-bearing-kits/

boxelder

Mailed you, thanks.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Sent you an email

Shorty121
    Free Member

Would love to take you up on the offer of the bearings. I accidently ordered some you're bearings off youre ebay site before I noticed youre offer is it possible for you cancel it?

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey mate. Yes I'll send you a cancel transactin request other wise I'll get charged 10% by feebay. I'll get the bearings out first though and let you check them out.

Ridefree!

wwaswas

Can I just say Kaesae that this thread has changed my opinion of you.

You do seem to be someone who genuinely wants to help and believes in what he's doing rather than just (and this was my previous view to be frank) someone who was chancing his luck on ebay.

kaesae
    Free Member

@wwaswas I've spent 5 years helping everyone I can get out biking. 90% of the frames I've sold have been on the verge of collapse. Because of me and a lot of hard work also ingenuity they are now still in circulation.

Hundreds of bikes that would have been destroyed are getting used, if that's not a good thing then what is? My prices are higher than most peoples on the bay, however for the amount of work I do and the ride quality of the frames, they are all good value for money.

This is a Kona stinky from 05 that was completely ruined. Check out the back end action and what I've done to get it back out into the MTB scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQZZD0c_jtY

Off course all of you see me as a complete and utter pr1ck, how could you treat me the way you have and still for a lot of you do! if you didn't?

foxyrider
    Free Member

I do find it hard to hear what you are saying on your you tube clips of late Kasease – could you talk a bit slower and be mic'ed up a bit better – unless my hearing is going?

I did like your 2 pence piece clip to try and get the Freehub body off though 🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey. The rattling in my lungs is from exhausion and inflammation in my lungs. I wouldn't even do those clips but it's easier than doing photo's and emails. Once my exhaustion passed from working all the time and the inflammation from my lungs is gone I should be able to talk without drawing in gulping breaths, hopefully that will clear the sound quality up.

As long as riders can understand what I'm saying if only barely and it helps them sort out their bikes, I'll continue to do my clips that make me look like a numpty.

Peace foxy I have too much on and I would rather chase the dream of us riders controlling the industry rather than argue.

Farewell.

foxyrider
    Free Member

No Probs Kaease – only a bit of contructive/positive criticism that I would expect form the STW massive if I posted a clip up 😉

Shorty121
    Free Member

I heard him fine 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Off to get new speakers and a hearing aid…………….. 🙂

sv

Foxy a Rab C Nesbitt DVD might help 😉

kaesae
    Free Member

SV a rab c nesbitt dvd always helps just like all comedy, it's called fun try it sometime, when you,re not having a strop of a time.

Two sets of bearings for hope pro 2 rear hubs on the way should be there tomorrow or the next day.

If you don't get them by friday let me know posted something from Edinburgh to Edinburgh on sunday and it's lost???

Ewan
    Free Member

kaesae – what's the thing that he screws into the hub in that video?

kaesae
    Free Member

Cassette locking ring.

sv

Free bearings AND extra punctuation – so kind to the biking world. The 'industry' must be worried by these super greased bearing kits. Remind me the percentage performance gain you claim for suspension linkages using Katec bearings.

kaesae
    Free Member

Over chinese or standard generic bearings 5% to 10% the same amount that Stendec AKA Intense, Specialized and Giants race teams claim, it's also the reason they run them.

I'm not kind to the biking world sunshine I'm kind to the bikers you and all the other bankers out there can go to hell!!!

sv

😆

kaesae
    Free Member

👿 😈 :D:lol:

retro83
    Free Member

This is a Kona stinky from 05 that was completely ruined. Check out the back end action and what I've done to get it back out into the MTB scene.

I don't understand your video – are you saying it's good that the bearings resist movement?

kaesae
    Free Member

Hello retro83, I hope you are genuinely interested and sincere in your question as I have a limited time in front of the computer and a lot to do.

I believe that subtle manipulations to the rear end on full sus MTB frames can improve both the efficiency and subsequent ride quality. On the frames I sell and with the bearings my back ends run, energy is actively being absorbed by the action, as there is less energy for the dampening unit to deal with the whole bike performs better.

Look at it this way if a proportion of the energy that is created when the back end moves is absorbed by the actual back ends action then the shock is better able to do its job. As long as this process doesn’t interfere with the movement of the rear end or shocks dampening there are benefits to be gained.

Say we have 100% pressure or energy in the transfer of movement from wheel contact to shock. With standard bearings there is no energy absorption and also as a result of the loose tolerances play either from the beginning of the bearings life or later on. The rear end will move on a very slight arc, and is therefore not as efficient at dealing with these forces that are being applied to it.
    However in contrast my bearings or teflon thust spacers and other mods actively absorb energy without interfering with the function of the back end or the shocks dampening characteristics.
    How could this not be a good thing? That said the proof is in the pudding.
    Any three riders on here that want a bearing kit for their rides for yet again free!

As long as I have the bearings in my performance range they will be posted out to you.

First come first served. All past disputes are suspended, let fate decide who gets a freebie!!!

You have to show me a photo of you with your frame and a piece of paper with today’s date on it. You also have to prove that your bearings are goosed, let’s say a short you tube clip with your back shock off and the bearings condition. Or play at any of your pivot points.

Only the photo of the frame and piece of paper with the date are needed to qualify however you do need to prove the condition of the bearings later on.

Win the best bearings in the industry for a few moments of your time, install them and forget about them for years.
    That said the thought of giving away another £100 worth or more of bearing kits isn’t a good one. Please don’t call my bluff.

Kael.

bikefish85
    Free Member

I don't understand what you are saying – you want the bearings to damp the action of the suspension?

Look at it this way if a proportion of the energy that is created when the back end moves is absorbed by the actual back ends action then the shock is better able to do its job. As long as this process doesn’t interfere with the movement of the rear end or shocks dampening there are benefits to be gained.

Those statements seem to contradict one another.

kaesae
    Free Member

I want the bearings to absorb and channel the energy that is transfered from the back wheel through the suspension and shock.

I want to force the energy through the close tolerances of the bearings thus having a percentage of it be absorbed by the bearings design and having what energy is left over to be transfered more efficiently or with greater control into the rear shocks dampening.

Hopefully that will make sense if not I cannot say it any simpler.

kaesae
    Free Member

retro83 – Member

I don't understand your video – are you saying it's good that the bearings resist movement?

Yes but only if it is a small percentage of the movement say 5% to 10% and if the energy is reduced proportionally, that is after all what the shock is designed to do anyway, is it not?

markd
    Free Member

I don't understand what you are saying but would like to.

Do you have the test reports of trials you have done? Are you saying that the bearings should act as mini dampers? That is surely incorrect?

In all seriousness – can you explain with diagrams and science…

markd
    Free Member

I just watched the video… even more confused now…

Are you honestly saying a back end with loads of bearing resistance is a good thing? If so then you need to have a look at why you think this as it is wrong.

Suspension needs to move as freely as possible… or its not acting correctly. Example – if it was the fork are you saying there should be MORE stiction engineered into it? That doesnt make any sense.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 rear problem’ is closed to new replies.