Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 rear hub service question – Tool needed content
  • Danger-Mouse
    Free Member

Hi guys,

Getting some tools together so I can service my Pro2 hubs but the only tool thats not fully mentioned is the metal drift/punch thats used in Hopes own video: HERE

I called Hope this morning and its not a tool that they supply but was advised to get a metal drift/punch with a flat end, no more than 1cm in diameter.

Hope couldn't tell me which one or where to get it so what are you guys using to remove the last set of bearings from the rear Pro2 hub? Web links if you've got them would be grand too.

Cheers 😀

z1ppy

Usually use a old (knackered) screw driver for those kind of jobs (can't see video & haven't needed to service mine yet, but it worked fine on a Hope XC hub)

kimbers

ive used an old screwdriver in the past, worked fine

coatesy
    Free Member

Lengths of stainless rod that I have lying around, different diameters for different jobs.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Can I post my article again here please:

http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/features/maintenance/hope-pro-ii-rear-hub-service.htm

Shows what I use 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

I can't see the video but I use a pack of parallel drifts that I picked up from the local tool shop for a few quid.

Danger-Mouse
    Free Member

Thanks guys, most helpful and thanks for the workthru Mr Foxy 😀

foxyrider
    Free Member

No probs DM – Ohh crikey DM 😉

Danger-Mouse
    Free Member

hee hee, just call me chief 😆

Foxy, couldn't just cast your eye over my other thread ref: spacers could you please?

Thanks again 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

You got a reply from someone who has actually done it – looks like from the manual you have to take off the lowers as the internal rods are in separate parts 🙁 unless you can unscrew the bottom nut , top cap and push the rod out from the bottom up using a long rod?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 rear hub service question – Tool needed content’ is closed to new replies.