Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hope pro 2 hubs, servicing….
  • Zukemonster
    Free Member

Trying to service my hope hubs, looked at some videos and instructions, however I just can't get the spacers on the outside of the hub off. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to prise against with a screwdriver, and pliers etc just aren't gripping, do I just need to MTFU or is there an easier way????

druidh
    Free Member

Front or back?

STATO
    Free Member

if they were put on dry then they can be a major pain to remove as the o-ring can get stuck. I got mine off with the aid of a vice but spraying some penetrating oil in there might help (assuming your replacing the bearings, otherwise dont spray onto the bearings!).

foxyrider
    Free Member

Spacer? You mean teh end caps – Don't use a screwdriver as you'll mash the caps. I had to use a mole wrench on one pair of hope hubs as they were stiff. I waggled tehm laterally and eventually came off. – maybe try some penetrating ouil might loosen them off!

Zukemonster
    Free Member

Its the rear one, and yes sorry I think I mean the End caps… I'll get the wd 40 out, but I was hoping to not replace the bearings, just do some regreasing…

PJ266
    Free Member

Mole grips or a vice, and waggle them side to side. Mine were a bitch too!

druidh
    Free Member

Vice and pull them straight off.

foxyrider
    Free Member

but I was hoping to not replace the bearings, just do some regreasing

Yeh I would clean them out and re-grease them should be fine!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I've had the bearings in mine replaced twice now and both times it's been a shop job because getting the parts apart (especially with bearings seized onto the axle) has ended up needing a vice. So, easy to service if you have a vice, maybe not quite so straightforward if you don't.

devs
    Free Member

Man up. I can pull mine off with my fingers. <I am still talking about Pro2 spacers btw!>

euanr
    Free Member

I've had success on Bulbs by levering them off with 2 (Park, not your cheap bendy ones) cone spanners. They can be really tight!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hope pro 2 hubs, servicing….’ is closed to new replies.