Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Hope pro 2 hubs (rear)
  • ady
    Free Member

Have just finished cleaning the bike after a rather wet night ride. Went to remove the rear wheel to clean cassette and then removed quick release and the cassette and inner drive hub fell to the floor.
    The hub has only done about 10 hours work has anyone else had a problem with these hubs as the whole bike is going back to lbs tomorrow as its only a month old and hopefully warrented.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

The free-hubs on the XC's just pull off. I Imagine they are the same

boxelder

Yep, they pull off. Mine's never fallen off though, so worth a check. Hope will sort any problems – excellent service and warranty.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    daveh
    Free Member

They're a push-click fit. Sounds as though they were lacking the click. No big drama.

Swalsey
    Free Member

They do just pull apart, but shouldn't fall apart… Maybe check hope's exploded diagram? http://www.hope.gb

ady
    Free Member

Thanks for info chaps have put it back together and all seems ok and it went back with a click will see how it goes on tomorrows ride.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

just push the thing back on it'll be fine

Onzadog
    Free Member

just check the seal as it normally comes off with the freehub body.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Hope Pro 2 rear on SS, not impressed with it at all, bearings and pawls worn out in approx 20 rides.
    Not buying a Hope rear hub again

boxelder

candodavid,

Assume you've contacted Hope and given them a chance to see you right?

Candodavid
    Free Member

fixed it at LBS and sourcing king for next build, cos royce don't do a SS disc hub

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

Running pro 2 hubs on both my full susser and h/tail with all the shit that comes with british weather and no problems at all….. changed from xt's as these were lasting no more than seven months without problems.

jamie@balfa
    Free Member

Candodavid,

Acros have a brand new SS hub which has just come in.

Drop me an email as we could do you a favourable price in return for some user feedback?

Jamie @ balfa UK

Candodavid
    Free Member

Jamie, my e-mail is in profile, send me some info and i'll get in touch.

Mainly ride SS and looking to do more enduro 12/24 marathon distance events in 2010, I have no problem doing some testing at all, bear in mind it will be ridden in lots of Mendip shite

David

Clink

Jamie (jumping on bandwaggon!) – I ride with David on Mendips; if you want another tester in Mendips cack let me know.

robarnold
    Free Member

Ady: ensure you have reinstalled the washer in between the inner freehub body bearing and drive-side axle bearing. Otherwise it'll lock up. The freehub body is retained by the seal and subsequently the end cap.

Hope Pro IIs are by far the most durable, simple and easily maintained hubs i've ever come across after working on countless numbers over the past few years, I wouldn't be too hasty in dismissing them IMHO

ady
    Free Member

Have taken it out again and cleaned and put back together and seems ok
    Thanks for the advice .

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Nothing lasts too long on the Mendips Dave – you know that!

Candodavid
    Free Member

old Hope XC were better

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Hope pro 2 hubs (rear)’ is closed to new replies.