Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 – front – how to convert QR to 9mm ?
  • iainc

currently have standard QR and Fox 32RLC with 140mm travel on an Orange 5. What do I need to convert to 9mm QR (I think I can do this without doing anything to the fork ?) and will it make a worthwhile difference ?

thanks

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Iain – see my fork thread. Sounds like you can get cheap adaptors for the job!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iainc

mat – that’s what got me thinking !

firestarter
    Free Member

You need some 9mm adaptors depends on your hubs hope pro2 and some dt you can convert. There may be more. Superstar do a 9mm qr for 8 quid or dt do one for lots more. I have both but prefer dt ones

It does make quite a difference which I was surprised by

Edit. Just spotted you have pro2 🙂

iainc

thanks all – the DT ones seem well pricey at £44

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve got a SS one in the back end of my Blur 4X (Hope Pro2 hub). I’ll be honest, I’ve not noticed the difference but I imagine you might be able to feel it more on a QR fork.

iainc

aye, was not planning on doing anything on the rear, but keen to know if it would be likley to be a worthwhile upgrade on the front

firestarter
    Free Member

It made a difference on my fork but not on the back end I only used them as they came with my wheels

iainc

firestarter, thanks. the Superstar ones appear to still do up by cam action, whereas the DT ones are screwed up and no cam ? I am tending towards the DT ones so far, just gotta be convinced it’s worth £60 !

firestarter
    Free Member

I do prefer the dt and you can get it nice and tight but I’m not convinced they are worth the price tag tbh

z1ppy

the Superstar ones appear to still do up by cam action, whereas the DT ones are screwed up and no cam ? I am tending towards the DT ones so far, just gotta be convinced it’s worth £60 !

With a reputation for falling to pieces too (ratchet strips).
    9mm Bolt Thru QR here (specialized in my case, but essentially the same as the SS one), cheap but decent upgrade for QR forks.

mboy
    Free Member

Agree with z1ppy here

No need for the DT unit, buy the 9mm adapters for your Pro2 hub and get the 9mm axle from Superstar for £8… Makes a significant difference to the stiffness of your forks IMO.

iainc

okay – convinced now 😆

how does the adaptor kit work ? I haven’t ever taken a Pro 2 apart – I presume existing end cap is a friction fit, so pulls out and new one just pushes in, with a seal ? Thanks

mboy
    Free Member

I presume existing end cap is a friction fit, so pulls out and new one just pushes in, with a seal ? Thanks

Bingo

It’s literally a 5 second job to remove the old ones, and pop the new ones in.

Then the 9mm axle just goes through it like the Beefy QR it essentially is!

iainc

excellent, thanks

…..just ordered the DT one (yeah, I know, I know 😛 )

z1ppy

booo & hiss!

Ahh not to worry, you’ll go SS when the DT one breaks 😈

iainc

lol @ Zippy – I read your original post as the SS ones break, not the DT 😳

z1ppy

opps my bad :mrgreen:

firestarter
    Free Member

I’ve got three dt ones two front one rear and yet to break one and I’ve had them a few years

iainc

😛

jools182
    Free Member

just got a superstar one, looks well made, although it is on a cam rather than bolt up, not sure how much difference it will make

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 – front – how to convert QR to 9mm ?’ is closed to new replies.