Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 freehub removal
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

Help please before i throw my entire wheel away, on the video is shows the guy twisting it off by hand, try that when its its not a brand new one.. i cant get it off, ive tried the 2p trick and now thats stuck in and cant get it out :/ ive tried putting my casette on and still not taking it off, how can i remove this any ideas asap thanks before i go insane…

06awjudd
    Free Member

It should just pull out. Can’t think of any tips other than brute force and ignorance.

Make sure the axle spacer is removed. You could wrap the freehub body in cloth and vice it, then use the wheel to pull it out.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

I had the same problem, put the cassette back on and use a piece of soft wood and give it a good bash with a hammer.
    The way its shown on the hope web site is way to easy.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

if i can put the casette back on i will.. at the moment ive a 2p coin stuck on top with the screw cap down tight and with the free hub spinning both ways as the teeth inside are knackered that dosent help, the gf aint strong enough either to hold it from turning… grr women are no help at all, one attempt and they think they have broken there back.. lol ill keep trying, once i get it off ill try the casette way again with some wood thanks guys

Northwind

Best way, imo- though you’ll need to get hte cassette back on

1) put just the biggest rings of the cassette on (to be a better handle)
    2) Blocks of wood under wheel (with tyre on)
    3) Stand on wheel over blocks of wood
    4) squat down, grip cassette, lift. Apply a bit of wobble while you do it. Oh and wear gloves.

The amount of force you can put on this way is massive, I used it to get an “impossible” freehub off a mate’s bike, though I was a wee bit worried the wheel was going to explode first…

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

ah i see what u mean, ill try that too! just guna try take this dam 2p out first lol

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

nop not guna budge, im guna take the **** into work tomz :/

dannyh
    Free Member

Put the cassette back on. Wrap a broad and preferably blunt straight edged screwdriver in tape and ease the whole lot off by pushing against the base of a spoke.

It doesn’t tend to matter if the end cap is still on or not, the whole lot will fly off eventually.

Those end caps are a bastard in their own right!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 freehub removal’ is closed to new replies.