Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 Freehub just fell off
  • captaindodd
    Free Member

So I was just being all prepared for tomorrow mornings early start by taking the wheels off the bike ready to pack in the car – and as I took the back wheel out of the frame the whole freehub body and cassette fell off!

From the few videos I’ve just frantically watched it seems you need a special tool and a rubber mallet tool to reseat the freehub on to the hub body. Is this correct or is it possible to reseat it with the cassette on and not using the tool?

Any advice appreciated!

boxelder

Nah, just push it back on.

somafunk

It’s easy to reseat back on by hand but watch you don’t pinch the rubber driveside freewheel seal otherwise your freehub may not spin freely enough when you backpedal or freewheel..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    captaindodd
    Free Member

Thanks both – have been tryin that but it doesn’t seem to be clicking together…

singlespeedstu

Spin it in an anticlockwise direction while pushing it back on.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I’d recommend taking the cassette off and checking that the freehub (seal) is back on properly. It only takes a thumb / fingernail. And if installed properly it shouldnt “just fell off”?

alaric

Make sure you have a full compliment of springs and pawls before reassembling…

It’s all held together by the seal in the end cap, so if the seal is worn it will fall off, properly installed or not!

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Check it’s not a snapped pro2 rear axle….

Cassette and hub falling of happened me…and it was a snapped axle.

Hope replaced it for free though….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 Freehub just fell off’ is closed to new replies.