Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope pro 2 experts wanted or perhaps cotic cy
  • tails
    Free Member

I would like to have a bolt up rear hope pro 2 hub to fit a cotic simple frame that has 10mm slotted dropouts and 135mm spacing.

Can someone confirm I need this kit A not this kit B

tails
    Free Member

Thank you alexxx x

foxyrider
    Free Member

Dunno if this helps if you haven't taken it apart before?

http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/features/maintenance/hope-pro-ii-rear-hub-service.htm

tails
    Free Member

That's great foxy I think I may have seen that before but had forgotten about it. Do you know if I have to change the bearings as I dare say they don't need replacing.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Not if you are carefull taking them out – But there is a risk of damaging the bearings – I guess try it and see if they run smooth after re-fitting – if not you can get new ones – I have done it before converting them but I am sure they didn't last as long following conversion IIRC 🙂

cy

Looks like you're sorted. I would say it's worth changing the bearings. You have to hit them out and they're not designed for side loadings like that. Last thing you want is to put it all back together and find it rattling. Decent bearings will only add a tenner to the conversion anyway.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Last thing you want is to put it all back together and find it rattling.

– Doesn't take long – If it runs rough (I doubt it would "rattle" ) then go buy some more – but if time is at a premium or you just don't like spending time in the workshop then CY is right 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope pro 2 experts wanted or perhaps cotic cy’ is closed to new replies.