Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 Evo – End cap spacer stuck on Axle
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

…and it wont budge. It isnt easy to clamp it in a way to really use a hammer on it (probably by tapping on the bearing behind it to remove0.

I think I’m going to need a new axle, and maybe QR end cap. I dont want to upgrade to a bolt through, any one know if I can buy a standard Evo QR axle – the ones I can find arent Evo compatible.

cheers

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

The Pro 2 Evo uses the same axle for all configurations.

That was one of the best upgrades they made when designing the Evo.

This one:

Linky

Just change the end caps! 🙂

spectabilis
    Free Member

I’m having trouble visualising what the issue is… it’s a qr cap right? Surely you can just drive it out from the opposite side? as said above all axles are the same and hollow tubes, apart from the 10mm bolt in.
    Got a pic?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    svalgis
    Free Member
    rondo101
    Free Member

agent – you’re bristol based aren’t you? I’ve got a bag full of QR adaptors for Pro2 Evos (front & rear) that aren’t getting used any time soon. You’re welcome to a set if needed.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Got the same issue as svalgis – will try the same solution, ie driving out with something that fits inside the axle from the other side.

Thanks rondo, I am in Bristol (?!?). I think I have a spare QR cap, but will give you a shout if not. Cheers

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

And thanks for pointing out the axles are all the same, that isnt obvious from the descriptions.

Scamper
    Free Member

Had the same issue tonight – qr end cap ‘welded’ on after a winters riding. Tried to knock through from other side but in the end only a decent vice shifted it and after being squeezed in the main body of the QR cap rather than the slim end bit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 Evo – End cap spacer stuck on Axle’ is closed to new replies.