Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hope pro 2 / Crest /Flow weights?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

As title any idea how these wheelsets weigh up?

chojin
    Free Member

If I remember rightly, my crests on pro IIs came in at 1690g
    Not sure about flows though…

br
    Free Member

My Pro 2 evo SP’s with Crests weighed 1560g out of the box, no yellow tape or valves etc.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Currently running Hope Pro 2 with Mavic XM317 rims but was loking at lightening it up a bit.

chojin
    Free Member

oh wait, maybe they were 1590g? I forget.

amsterdan
    Free Member

theres a weight calculator on the notubes site

bigbloke
    Free Member

Are Crests sturdy enough?.

I weigh 93-95 kg and mostly just ride XC but do occasionally have headed out to slightly rougher ground (Dartmoor, trail centres) will the Crests handle that?

Scapegoat

bigbloke – Member
    Are Crests sturdy enough?.

I weigh 93-95 kg and mostly just ride XC but do occasionally have headed out to slightly rougher ground (Dartmoor, trail centres) will the Crests handle that?
    No, you will burst into flames and die.

There is a weight limit for Crests, of a quoted 16 or so stone. If they are saying that about the rims, perhaps they aren’t the best option for AM stuff or big hits,

I am a bit of a fat fecker, so I opted for a pair of Arch Ex on Hope Pro ii Evo. Not a Hope Hoops option, but about £350 from a decent wheelbuilder.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Mavic xm317 rim – 445g
    No Tubes Flow rim – 470g
    No Tubes Crest rim – 340g
    No Tubes Arch rim – 440g

The Flow and the Arch rims are burlier types of rim whereas the 317 is an XC rim so the Crest would be it’s ‘replacement’.

Conan257
    Free Member

From Hope themselves:

Pro 2 EVO Front – Mavic 717/Stans Crest/DT XR400 rim/32H/sapim db spokes 813/765/813g
    Pro 2 EVO Rear – Mavic 717/Stans Crest/DT XR400 rim/32H/sapim db spokes 925/888/932g
    Pro 2 EVO Front – Mavic 521/721/Stans Flow/DT EX500 rim/32H/sapim db spokes 954/985/880/912g
    Pro 2 EVO Rear – Mavic 521/721/Stans Flow/DT EX500 rim/32H/sapim db spokes 1050/1110/1006/1022g

I found the extra weight on my new Pro2/Flow wheels a big bonus over my old XT/WTB wheels. They just seemed to carry speed so much better.

br
    Free Member

I found the extra weight on my new Pro2/Flow wheels a big bonus over my old XT/WTB wheels. They just seemed to carry speed so much better.

Yeah, right… 🙄

bigbloke
    Free Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm….decisions. Thanks for the input folks.

Looking at it currently running the Hope Pro 2 Mavic XM317 which to be fair are fine, will i gain much in the weight saving on these, really?

Maybe i should look elsewhere like the forks?

GW
    Free Member

if you are indeed a “Big bloke” I’d be thinking more about stiffness than weight savings.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Maybe i should look elsewhere like the forks? belly

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hope pro 2 / Crest /Flow weights?’ is closed to new replies.