Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 – bolt-up torque setting
  • anlegov
    Free Member

Just changing my Hope Pro 2 rear hub to a bolt-up version. Anyone know if there is a reccomended torque setting for these bolts because the packaging from Hope had no info at all.

singlespeedstu

Tighten it until it strips the back it off one. 😉

anlegov
    Free Member

Will try that method if all else fails 🙂

Kuco

I just do mine hand tight. Found in the alps they had to be tightened everyday.

singlespeedstu

I tighten mine up as tight as I can get it with a multi tool.

Any tighter and I wouldn't be able to undo it out on the trail if I had a puncture.

anlegov
    Free Member

I think you're right about the multi-tool. Good idea.

Gary_C

I have the same set up,& found that the supplied allen key headed bolts soon rounded off.(Made of cheese I reckon!)
    So,went out & bought two 10mm hex head bolts & fitted those instead.

dale
    Free Member

thread lock the buggers as mine have a tendancy to loosen every other ride but they give a little shimmy as a warning

RicB

I do mine up to 15nM. The bolts are fine so long as you use a square edge Allen key and don't twist it. I also use grease so they come undone

as a rule of thumb I do 4mm bolts to 5-7nm, 5mm to 10nm and 6mm to 15nm. Obviously carbon bits are different

anlegov
    Free Member

Good tips guys. Thanks. Wonder if I can un-bolt 15nm with my multi-tool when I get a flat.

Kuco

I only use them on my Demo7 I personally wouldn't bother with them on a xc bike.

singlespeedstu

15 Nm isn't that tight that you cant undo it with a multitool.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 – bolt-up torque setting’ is closed to new replies.