Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hope pro 2 bolt in
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

Does a Hope pro 2 bolt in exist? Have found for evo (http://www.wiggle.co.uk/hope-pro-2-evo-mtb-rear-10mm-bolt-in-conversion-kit/).

If so, anyone got one and rate it? One review of the evo version I found reckoned they were decent if you got better bolts than the ones supplied.

Northwind

I’ve had them for the old Pro 2- worked really well, lighter than a 10mm bolt-through and having 2 points of engagement means 2 things need to fail before anything comes loose. Not sure if it’s as stiff as the bolt-through mind, I had it in a bike that was already decently stiff so couldn’t actually tell any difference.

mick_r

I’ve been using their 10mm bolt in singlespeed Pro2 for the last 3 years with no problems. The stock bolts are fine (but they are bigger squarer heads than in the wiggle photo). The only issue has been the aluminium cup washer under the bolt head has cracked (but still works fine). Wheel never moves and don’t use chain tugs etc.

Considering a non ss rear Hope Hoop for summer 1×10 duties (still want bolt in for horizontal dropouts). Q – does swapping the axle not also trash the bearings?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Cheers for that guys, have found and ordered. @mick Bearings should survive find, but mine are on the way out so will change both together anyway

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hope pro 2 bolt in’ is closed to new replies.