Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Hope pro 2 135mm QR stiffening up options
  • takisawa2

“I love it when a plan comes together”

racing_ralph
    Free Member

the left hand bolt keeps coming undone – grrrr

fivespot
    Free Member

Specialized SX Trail comes with a 135x10mm rear end with a hollow alloy bolt through bolt and nut. I use a Hope Hoop rear with the 10mm through axle mod. With this in mind, the Specilaized 10mm bolt should fit any 135mm rear dropout with no problem, as long as you have a sutable hub.

freeman
    Free Member

10mm 135mm BOLT THRU conversion, and an NC-17 10mm QR (from CRC) rather than the DTswiss one as its quite a bit cheaper.

£50 it cost me to get it all done and its made the back end of my pitch pro much stiffer.

job done

z1ppy

NC-17 QR axle from CRC

racing_ralph
    Free Member

any idea where these are in stock?

kimbers

i got one from CRC very impressive increase in back end stiffness on my kona quite light too

crc

Crell
    Free Member

Saint rear mech closeout at Jenson USA for 12, yes 12 USD.

phutphutend
    Free Member

Are you a big heavy chap?

A flexible back end is not necessarily a problem. A bit of sideways deflection helps the rear wheel deflect a bit when whacked, a pseudo lateral suspension if you like?

Also, flexibilty in the hub is going to be a small component of the flexibility of the whole rear end.

Like some other poster put; check the spoke tensions? Check the trye pressures? Is the rim too narrow for the tyres you have? Check your main pivot bolts?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Just bougth the Conversion kit 10mm with bolt through and a DT Swiss QR axel not for any stiffening but because my rear QR combinations have not sured movement on my Orange Five. Think going up to floating 203mm rotors and M4’s make the QR’s shift. Hopefully the ratchet will make a bit of difference – didn;t want the bolts as want to still have teh QR functionality. Thats my Five pence anyhow. NOt fitted it yet – get it tomorrow hopefully.

BadlyWiredDog

I wouldn’t touch the DT Swiss RWS system with a bargepole, they invariably strip the splines on the inside of the lever rendering the whole thing useless in a very expensive way, really, they are absolute cack.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Well looked at most peoples comments and most of the reviews of the DT Swiss RWS and they all say expensive but good – although with a plastic lever. I want to set it and forget it as have tubless so just still want a QR instead of a bolt through – if it breakes I’ll get the NC-17 QR axle if needs be but I like to give things a chance even if a few people slag things off. I have bough a fair few thing in my time that people have stuffed up, broken or couldn’t fit properly and have found them to work well and last! No disrespect BadlyWiredDog – I also do mostly XC and freeride and ride within my limits mostly so don’t like crashing and wrecking my pride(s) and joy.

specializedneeds

Unfortunately, it’s not crashing that knackers the splines on the DT Swiss RWS it’s just using the thing! Sod’s law it’ll go when you have a puncture miles from home too.

Inzane
    Free Member

I went 10mm thru on my Hope 2, with a 10mm QR (similar to the picture above). Stiffer than normal QR, and it was cheap as chips.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Hope pro 2 135mm QR stiffening up options’ is closed to new replies.