Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope PF BB truvativ converter removal
  • mrmoosehead
    Free Member

Love my hope BB. But the NDS bearing is starting to grind a bit after a couple of years, so have a new one to put in. Only thing is I can’t work out how to get the truvativ adapters off the old bearing and onto the new one. There’s nowhere to get purchase to drive them out, and anything like a bearing puller would probably scar the inner surface.

Surely I don’t have to but a new set of these as well, do I?

I do, don’t I?
    *sigh*

mrmoosehead
    Free Member

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
    🙂

Anyone?

z1ppy

Hmmm, just watched the install video, i assume the inner diameter in the same on both parts of the adapter? (Not clear in the video)
    If you have the bearing out can you try working a thin blade between the adapter face & the bearing face, a bit of damage to it here shouldn’t cause any issues? Otherwise try ringing Hope on Monday, they are very helpful

mintimperial

You can get them out with a blind bearing puller. Make sure you get the lip in between the two parts properly before you tighten it up, then it works fine. You can reuse them once you’ve pulled them out so long as you’ve not totally trashed them.

People recommend filing a couple of notches in before fitting to aid removal, but I’ve not done that myself personally as the bearing puller works ok for me.

mrmoosehead
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Good idea about the notches.

Considering going 1X10 anyway with my old deore triple cranks, so that’ll just mean popping the new bearing in and not worrying about spacers. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hope PF BB truvativ converter removal’ is closed to new replies.