• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by zedz.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope or E13?
  • zedz
    Free Member

Hi, I’m choosing between a Hope 40T Rex or an E13 42 tooth Range extender ring for a 1×10 setup. Have you good people thoughts about which brand works better with a Shimano 36t cassette? Or is it just choice and cost?

Merlin’s site says to use an E13 42t with a 36 tooth cassette but also offers Hope T Rex in 40t as an option, your thoughts and experience appreciated.

Ta

warpcow
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the e.13, but I’ve been running a Hope one on an XT cassette for a few months now with no issues. Haven’t even noticed it being more likely to lose the chain when back-pedalling like some people have had, but tbh I have no idea how much I back-pedal.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I went for the One Up 40t as it is supplied with the 16t to smooth the range out further down the cassette.
    It seems to work well. You know when you are shifting in or out of the 16t though.

Conan257
    Free Member

Running a Hope ring on a SRAM X0 cassette. Works a treat.

Noticeable drop between the 19 and 15 tooth cogs. Not a major problem, however it is there. Could argue it’s a good sign of what gear you are in!

zedz
    Free Member

Just been sold a new E13 42t Shimano compatible from Ashy, a member of this good forum, so I’ll give it a whirl,

Thanks guys,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hope or E13?’ is closed to new replies.