Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope Mono Minis compared to New EVO X2
  • twoniner
    Free Member

For years I have used the same pair of Hope Mono Minis on my builds and to be honest they have been faultless, never missed a beat apart from a few sets of pads and the odd bleed.

I recently bought a new set of Hope EVO X2 brakes and compared to my old minis I’m not that impressed with them.

Despite several bleeds the levers are spongy and on some occasions the rear lever will come all the way to the bar with some pressure. There are no leaks visible.

The old Minis were and still are solid.

I am considering getting rid of the new X2’s and fitting my Minis.

Anyone else used the 2 sets and have any comparisons?

chrssmale
    Free Member

Spongy levers and lever to the bar to me would suggest air in the system. Bleeding is slightly differnt to the minis. Once bleed you need to rotate the lever, see this video from 2:30

Also try degassing your brake fluid before you bleed, fill a syringe about a 1/3 full, put your thumb over the end of the syringe and pull the plunger down to decompress the fluid.

twoniner
    Free Member

Thanks for that link. I wasn’t aware of that process, figured it was pretty much the same as the old mini’s. The front X2 is fine, just the rear that’s a pain.

I do de-gass the fluid, something I picked up from having Avids.

zangolin
    Free Member

Evo X2 atm and minis in the past.
    As chrssmale says above – still got to be air in the system – follow the bleed as in the video.
    Double check all hose fittings are tight.
    Might be worth undoing the rear calliper and letting it carefully hang-down and gently tap to help release any trapped air – which should then make it’s way back up the hose to the master cylinder.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I find the x2 has a less positive lever feel than my older hope brakes
    But works very well and lots of power.

Much as above I’d guess there is air in there still

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hope Mono Minis compared to New EVO X2’ is closed to new replies.