Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Mini Service – stuck piston
  • TheElf
    Free Member

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to remove a fully wedged piston in a hope mini caliper please… Have tried ‘pumping’ it out with a track pump but it will not shift. Cheers.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do it before dismantling the brake – hold in the moving one and use the brake pressure to move it

Or much more pressure with a track pump – 100 psi type pressure

TheElf
    Free Member

Thanks TandemJeremy. Unfortunately the brake is in pieces now. Didn’t expect it to be so wedged. Have ramped up pressure >100psi but no luck.

fubar
    Free Member

My LBS decided the only thing for mine was a new caliper half 🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I’d try reassembling it and using the brake pressure – or try soaking it in plus gas

GeForceJunky

Use a compressor … but make sure you have something to catch the piston, I’ve fired one out at crazy speeds before.

snaps
    Free Member

Re assemble, bleed, drop caliper into boiling water, count to three & squeeze the lever hard – obviously be careful not to get scalded!

bruneep

Use a compressor … but make sure you have something to catch the piston, I’ve fired one out at crazy speeds before.

…..and please video it as well. 😉

TheElf
    Free Member

Success! Reassembled and brake pressure applied. Disassembled and more air pressure and out it pops. Cheers for help all. TheElf

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Mini Service – stuck piston’ is closed to new replies.