Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hope Mini Pro or M4?
  • geordiepaul
    Free Member

I've just got a bike with Hope Mini Pros, they bloomin light but I'm not sure if they've got enough power.

What difference would I see if I changed them for M4's? I run Avid Juicy 7's on my other bike and they're fine. The mini's have 160mm rotors ideally I'd like to run 183mm at the front, I'm not sure this is even possible with the Pro's.

Anyone used both?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

The Pro's are some kind of special version of the old Mono Mini. I have ordinary MM's with 180F, 160R and ideally would like something with a bit more power. 160 on the front will be underpowered. Check with Hope, but if you can find some M4 calipers you should be able to stick them straight on. Otherwise sell the complete brakes and go for Tech X2's with 180/160 unless you really need the power of 4 pot brakes

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have Minis with 160 discs and bedded in and set up properly they have plenty of power. Not a lot of initial bite which is typical of hopes but plenty of power once on.

Bed them in properly – makes a difference

firestarter
    Free Member

i ran mini pros on my hardtail fine but when i built up the full sus they just didnt feel up to it so i changed to m4s and they are much better

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Might see if anyone fancies a swap.
    They're a bit too bling for me.

firestarter
    Free Member

thats what id did with mine lol i had the mini pro team ones in nice silver/green but swapped for some black/gold m4 with a bit of cash 😉

2hottie
    Free Member

I have some mono 4's with 180 rotas front and rear, the black and gold calipers

could be interested in a swap

firestarter
    Free Member

bonus 😉

geordiepaul
    Free Member

2hottie, what year and condition are they in?
    These are pretty much brand spankers….

D0NK

2 hottie – I got the same version of mono minis black and gold, 180 front 160 rear, any good for you?
    After geordiepaul gets first refusal obviously 🙂

2hottie
    Free Member

Well I wasn't expecting any real interest and to be honest Paul my brakes are, less than in mint condition. They work well but are a little scratched. Had the front one fully serviced by Hope only a few months ago and the rear is likely to follow in a few weeks. So what I am saying is the likely hood of us swapping brakes without me adding any money in is err slim to none. As for selling them out right this again won't happen.

Cheers tho, and the m4's are top when working

good luck

2hottie

showerman
    Free Member

running mono4 (180) Front and mono mini (160 rear work well for me would be interested in possible swap terryparker2000(AT)live(DOT)co(DOT)uk

snaps
    Free Member

I've got a brand new Mono mini pro front brake thats surplus after a recent build if anyones after one.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hope Mini Pro or M4?’ is closed to new replies.