Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hope Mini/ lightweight disc brakes
  • bikebore
    Free Member

I'm trying to skinny my rocky mountain element, thinking about swapping out the disc brakes.

I currently have a set of Magura Louise's that have been great, very reliable. Haave been looking at the Hope Mini's on CRC, they look nice and lightweight for the money.

Read a few reports about the Hope's sticking tho, so maybe some Marta SL's. Would prefer to buy British…..

Anyone got any feedback on the mini's or recommendations for others to consider?

TIA…..

hugh_b
    Free Member

Never had a problem with any of my hope's, not heard of too much either, Everyone i ride with runs them too, one has hopes that are about 5-6 years old and they work fantastically still.
    To be honest, they are one of those fit and forget brakes, very easy to set-up and very easy to bleed. I have just come from some mini's and now have the x2's which also feel nice. I was considering a change to shimano disks but no other brake seems to be as reliable or feel as nice!

Brother_Will
    Free Member

You could always hang on for the new hope race brake:

This is a pre production image of the NEW Race X2 brake. Final versions will have a carbon lever and top cap, aluminium bolts in the lever, aluminium pad pina dn pad back plate – as well as the usual Ti bolts elsewhere. All in weight is an impressive 275g (including mounts, bolts and rotor)

bikebore
    Free Member

Mmmmmm, they look good. Cheers for the advice, I'll weigh even less when my wife removes my b*llocks for buying a set of thoose….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hope Mini/ lightweight disc brakes’ is closed to new replies.