Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Hope Matchmakers…I like!
  • stevied
    Free Member

After a fair while wondering whether to do it or not, I finally got round to buying/fitting some Hope matchmakers for my XT M780 shifters/Tech levers.
    Got a couple of really good bargains for the bits I needed:
    i-spec adaptors £12 from PeterPoddy (cheers Pete)
    matchmaker mounts £2.20 + £3 delivery off ebay.

Got it all fitted yesterday and had a little ride out last night. Really pleased with them. I’d always struggled to get my shifters/brakes into a good position and now I can 🙂 Looks so much neater too…

Kato

Aye I like them too

althepal

Yep!

passtherizla
    Free Member

Yeah used to love my hope Matchmakers fitted to formula and shimano SLX shifters… Especially good if you have 2 gear shifters and a dropper post.

davosaurusrex

Any chance of a few pics stevied? I’ve got the same set up plus reverb remote which I’d like to move if possible

stevied
    Free Member

I’ll pop some on later davo 🙂

Aidy
    Free Member

I’m quite up for having a set of matchmakers, hate clutter on the bars, but sorta draw the line at £25 for a set.

Good ebay spotting for £5!

stevied
    Free Member

It would have been nearer £50 for me as I needed the i-spec adaptor kit too…That’s why I was putting it off.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I didn’t get on with mine. Tech to m980 in black. I run the brakes a long way in for 1 finger braking but the shifters were then too far away

stevied
    Free Member

Some pics:

bigbadbob
    Free Member

I have some matchmakers with my Tech levers, have to run them quite far in, my Reverb (under bar) even more in, but love them, I change gear with my thumb tips now, very nice.

davosaurusrex

Onzadog – still got yours? Interested in selling them?

Cheers for the pics stevied

reedspeed
    Free Member

Kinnell stevied where ya goin laserquest?, what’s all that about on the bars with the buttons on….lol

SOAP
    Free Member

I don’t like them!
    Hope tech levers and the shifters are to far away.
    A great idea but the slots need to be longer.

DickBarton

Got them for my tech lever and xtr shifters…everything feels very cramped…so ive removed them. Shame as they were superb with the tech and sram shifters.

stevied
    Free Member

@reedspeed: that’ll be my home sun, 8000 lumens on full poke. It chargrills rabbits from 20ft 😉

Northwind

SOAP – Member

A great idea but the slots need to be longer.

Yeah, they’re not massive are they. Formula have done the same, the old ones had massive horizontal adjustment (though no tilt), now they have tilt but no adjustment 🙁 They look neater but it’s pot luck whether they put the lever where you want them.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yeah, quite happy to sell mine.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Hope Matchmakers…I like!’ is closed to new replies.