Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Hope M4 query
  • drewsiffer999
    Free Member

Evening all,

Hope someone can help. I recently purchased a set of Hope M4’s with the gold caps and a 203mm front disc. The caliper is IS mount and so is my forks. The told me the gold cap versions are the old ones?

I have just been to my LBS and asked for an IS to IS +20 mount, how ever they told me these are not available and I would need to change the caliper??

Any advice?

Cheers

goldenwonder
    Free Member

They’re talking crap!! IS to IS +20mm is a common adaptor.
    The gold bore cap model are the older mono m4, but that doesn’t make it difficult to get the adaptors.
    *Edit*
    The one you want is a HBIS20 oddly enough, link to Hope’s site:
    http://www.hopetech.com/webtop/modules/_repository/documents/HOPESTEPUPMOUNTS.pdf

Three_Fish
    Free Member

EDIT pardon me, goldenwonder, we were typing at the same time.

Black and gold is the original Mono M4 – your rotor should be 200mm, though, not 203mm. Silver with black caps is the ’07 and came in PM only.

Here’s your adaptor (not in stock at CRC, though).

drewsiffer999
    Free Member

I wasnt sure if he was the right guy to ask! The tattoo of tears on his cheeks scared me too!!

I am looking for something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330490662394&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Three_Fish
    Free Member

That’s the one. What number is your caliper?

coatesy
    Free Member

As per Threefish, you’ll need to know which number your caliper is (stamped on the lower inner mounting)to know which mount is needed as they also do a +40mm mount.I think it’s 3 for 160mm, and 5 for 180mm on the front(20mm less on the rear).

drewsiffer999
    Free Member

It has a 6 stamped on the inside?

coatesy
    Free Member

Not sure of the 6,have you actually tried it yet?It may possibly be for a Boxxer, in which case your shop will be right as I don’t think there’s a specific adapter for those

Three_Fish
    Free Member

It has a 6 stamped on the inside?

A number 6 is funky, for a Boxxer fork if I remember correctly.

EDIT **** I’m typing slowly tonight!

snaps
    Free Member

I’ve used the black/gold M4 calipers with both 200 & 203mm discs (tends to depend on the fork type for disc edge clearance)
    Number 6 caliper was for RS Boxxer only, not sure the offset is correct for IS mount even with an adapter.

drewsiffer999
    Free Member

Feel sick now! Spent a fotune on these!

drewsiffer999
    Free Member

How much do we reckon I will get back for these. The are in decent nick and I have black floating rotors too!!!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Surely it’s only the caliper for the front that is your problem? What number is the rear caliper?

drewsiffer999
    Free Member

The back one says 8

coatesy
    Free Member

I’d just try for a replacement caliper, all Mini types are compatible with your lever, so as long as you get the correct number (or one that’ll take a +20/+40/HBIS20). As for the value of your caliper, depends on whether somebody’s looking for a Boxxer type, i’d guess around £35.

walleater

I hope you didn’t spend a lot of money on these. They must be at least four years old by now.

coatesy
    Free Member

Pretty sure 8 is 200mm front/180mm rear, what size rear rotor?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The back one says 8

That’s for a 180mm rear or a 200mm front, so keep that in mind while you’re looking for another caliper. You can actually use any Hope Mini or Mono caliper, even the new Tech range; however the PM calipers use adaptors for 183mm and 203mm rotors, so you’ll need to get a new rotor if you go with a PM caliper (and adaptor).

drewsiffer999
    Free Member

183mm. Knackers to it! Going to sell it all. Really not very good at this swapping and changing stuff!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Hope M4 query’ is closed to new replies.