Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hope lock on grips any good ?
  • shredder
    Free Member

Hope lock on grips any good / comfy ? Ride with my hands on the ends on the grip and find true double collar grips un-comfy.
    Thanks

bikeneil
    Free Member

Ride with my hands on the ends on the grip and find true double collar grips un-comfy.

ESI Contour XC’s for me.

tomhoward

I don’t notice mine which I guess is as good as I can expect them to be. They’re pretty thin though so keep that in mind

honourablegeorge

I thought they were crap – they offer no actual grip. Swapped them out for RaceFace half nelsons

darrenspink
    Free Member

I like them. Good grip without gloves as well.

duir
    Free Member

They are some of the most uncomfortable grips I have ever used. Took them off after one ride. Good quality but seriously let down by being so thin and having very poor grip in the wet.

otsdr
    Free Member

They are grippy, but I find them a bit uncomfortable compared to the ESI R.E. I had before. Also, if you do end up hitting something with the end of the handlebar, the endcaps ( which look like this: http://i.imgur.com/vwivbiX.jpg ) might dig into the carbon ( http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hope-lock-on-grips ).

enfht
    Free Member

If your Hope grips ever fail and your testicles are de-gloved by your stem, spilling your sperm banks onto the cold muddy trailside then FEAR NOT because Hope will replace them free of charge (the grips, that is) NB:Postage not included.

bigyim
    Free Member

I had some and they are comfy but the end caos have both fallen off

enfht
    Free Member

Testicle or Grip end caps?

inverjoe
    Free Member

Absolute crap with wet hands. So always wear gloves…

h4muf
    Free Member

End caps are crap.

shredder
    Free Member

Thanks all.

robhughes
    Free Member

Been through loads of different grips but am loving these.
    GE 1’S

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hope lock on grips any good ?’ is closed to new replies.