Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope lights with Hope stem
  • NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

I understand you can mount Hope lights on the front of a Hope Stem if you get the appropriate parts. Done a quick search on line and its not clear what bits are needed. I have a set of '09 Vision 2 lights. Is the stem mount worth having, i.e does it all work ok, and is the light unit then fixed on the stem (not QR)?

Ta

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

The light is bolted, the battery is QR

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Cheers James. Any experience of using it, just trying to work out if its worth getting a stem. Just like the idea of integrating the light unit and stem.

peachos
    Free Member

i have an 08 (maybe 07) 2LED and i think that the mount is miles better than the QR one you get with the new versions. it's a proper cnc'd bracket that bolts on to your bar and is super-sturdy as apposed to the foam pads that wobble around on the QR version. so in my view it would be a good purchase. i think all you need is a front plate to replace the normal one on a hope stem and the light unit bolts directly on to that.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I got rid of mine a couple of years ago and changed to USE. It's a neat solution if you have one bike, bear in mind if you run a short stem you will need the other battery that mounts widthways.

fizzer
    Free Member

Just be careful the battery doesn't ding the top tube when you turn the bars right round.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope lights with Hope stem’ is closed to new replies.