Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope light torubles..
  • dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

I’m having some trouble with my R4. On wednesday night i was out for a ride. Rode for a good hour and a half on one battery then swapped before it ran out to another fully charged battery. I spent 25 minutes climbing then dropped into the descent like a barm pot. I was about twenty seconds into the descent when i got one strobe flash-battery low warning signal then it died completely less than a second later. I was on a pertty messy rocky steep section and subsequently crashed going over the bars. No harm done but it wasn’t much fun. I had to turn back and retrace my path in the pitch black for a good few miles.

Tonight i left the house with two fully charged batteries. Drove for about ten miles, sorted everything out then attempted to shed some light on the situation. All kinds of nonsense. Both batteries failed to work. strange things happening, dim light, turning off, battery low signals. Packed up and drove home.

They seem to be playing ball now i’ve got home? As if the batteries are charged which i suspected they wouldn’t be as i do seem to have a dodgy charger connection?

Water ingress in the connectors maybe?

Should i maybe look at getting some dielectric grease into the connectors?

cheers, and sorry for the big boring post.

Northwind

Sure it’s the charger? Hope lights are well known for broken wires at the head unit, no stress relief on the cable. Poor cable connection could in theory cause all that

I’d say keep it simple- speak to Hope, they’ll fix it, that’s the yang to their reliability yin.

Simon

Contact Hope and send them in for repair.

danielgroves
    Free Member

I shall be honest, my experience of Hope lights is not great.

I have a hope Vision 2, which is currently back with Hope for the forth time in the two years I’ve owned it.

1) Bad connection in cable
    2) As above
    3) Blown LED
    4) Cable snapped clean out back of light.

I absolutely love their products, but the electronics in their lights seems pretty poor to me. Drop them an email though, they’ll bend over backwards to fix it.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

The light has only really been going for four weeks since it came back from hope when i had new connections on the light and one of the batteries fitted.

They were great until this week.

dai21t
    Free Member

I had similar problems with my hope vision 4. Was a dodgy connection on the charger plug, all I did was cut off the existing one and fitted the one off the extension cable that came with the light. No problems since.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope light torubles..’ is closed to new replies.