Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 209 total)
  • Hope-less brakes
  • pussywillow
    Free Member

Blazin-saddles – Member
    Hmmm. Seems very strange that people sound like they’ve had exceptional service from hope when I’ve only received and heard of negative feedback from them..hmmmm… I wonder….hmmm.
    Did you ring them up with the same sort of attitude as you’re displaying on this post, or did you speak to them normally and respectfully? not bulls**ting them. If someone rang me up mouthing off and generally being a pain, I’d be less inclined to help them too!
    Most of the stuff the (2 man) warranty dept see’s is out of manufactures warranty or has been broken by misuse, it’s up to the guy on the ground to make the call on how to help. I’ve personally seen Nick swap all the seals in a guys brakes at a race because he’s covered them in WD40 and swollen them, he walked off afterwards and didn’t even say thanks let alone offer to pay for them!
    Over and out!
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

I spoke to them a damn site better than the way your speaking to me lad.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Seems very strange that people sound like they’ve had exceptional service from hope when I’ve only received and heard of negative feedback from them

What on earth is your sample size for that as its just nonesense
    Whatever your view of their products I am sure we can all agree their service is superb

trail_rat
    Free Member

ive had hubs swapped FOC when all i phoned up for was to enquire if there were any parts availible for a 1995 mono where corrosion had dissolved the flange last year and a 1998 big un in 2002 where the disk tab had broken off.

banks
    Free Member

oh dear, he’s pissed off.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I may have missed a bit but did he actually send it back or is he just shouting at the internet

pussywillow
    Free Member

It’s all fine and dandy saying “it’s all right cos if anything goes wrong it doesn’t matter cos there customer service is fantastic! “. 😀

Would you be saying that at the top of mountain after working so hard to get up there looking forward to the descent only to find out there’s no brake fluid left inside the damn thing!
    🙄

banks
    Free Member

That’s why i don’t run avid brakes anymore, run both shimano & hope but replacing calipers/levers soon adds up.

nixie

Would you be saying that at the top of mountain after working so hard to get up there looking forward to the descent only to find out there’s no brake fluid left inside the damn thing!

Yes, exactly like I did when a newly service shock packed down on my at the top of the climb. I knew it would get sorted but was still at the top of the hill with the only way being down. I took it a bit easier on the way down but it was still fun (at least partially because the bikes handling was interesting). I’d do the same if a brake failed, just take it easier and enjoy what you can. Why let it ruin your day FFS.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I may have missed a bit but did he actually send it back or is he just shouting at the internet

Shouting at ze interwebz. 😉

NO product has a 100% reliability rate, what matters is if they fix it once its bust.

pussywillow
    Free Member

nixie – Member
    Yes, exactly like I did when a newly service shock packed down on my at the top of the climb. I knew it would get sorted but was still at the top of the hill with the only way being down. I took it a bit easier on the way down but it was still fun (at least partially because the bikes handling was interesting). I’d do the same if a brake failed, just take it easier and enjoy what you can. Why let it ruin your day days!!! FFS.
    POSTED 6 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

RSS feed for this topic

That’s better! 😀

pussywillow
    Free Member

Singlespeed_Shep – Member
    Shouting at ze interwebz.
    NO product has a 100% reliability rate, what matters is if they fix it once its bust.
    POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST

They’re gonna need more staff then to be able to cope with all the returns!!! 😀

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

They’re gonna need more staff then to be able to cope with all the returns!!!

Have you tried riding a singlespeed 29er?

may help your bike handling, teach you to be smoother and thus using your brakes less?? 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Dull troll is dull
    Stuff breaks hopefully next its your internet connection 😉

Nobby

So how much is a Shimano lever and where do I get one from ?

Not looked for a while but Straitline & Dangerboy used to do replacements for about £20.

pinhead
    Free Member

Dales_rider – Member

pinhead – Member

Dales_rider – Member

CRC maybe

Do you have a link ?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=67211

pinhead
    Free Member

In all honesty Hope are okish when bled right,and kept finely tuned and on top of them and when they arent leaking grr! but…

yeah ive run both in the Alps,over years and years,and so have the guides out there,but Shimano brakes in the group of 8 of us were top notch compared to Hope and thats the gods honest truth,in both performance power and reliability,

End of the day i’d love to say Hope are better being a UK brand but that is not the case,so i and mi mates have to use Shimano as at the end of the day they just work and no faff maintenance

i mean cmon have you felt the new shimanos over the hope V2 its a no brainer.
    and price wise too

Dales_rider
    Free Member

pinhead – Member

Dales_rider – Member

pinhead – Member

Dales_rider – Member

CRC maybe

Do you have a link ?

Yes but no but yes

£35

I was told by someone, Think it was a willowing Pussy, that I was inept because all I want is a lever.
    £16 for just a lever for Hope.

So they must be a lot cheaper than the £16 for a Hope lever, but where from ?

Dales_rider
    Free Member

trail_rat
    Free Member

dales rider – the lever blade is riveted to the body – or it certainly is on the 3 pairs of shimanos ive got in my house but they are not current models. Saints, XT and servo wave Xts

shaggmiester
    Free Member

I think for out and out performance, you can’t beat XT’s v4,s are all right but for the money it would have to be XT’s.
    Tbh apart from the v4’s hope do lack power.

Northwind

Dales_rider – Member

Offset against the initial price saving for the Shimano?

Dales_rider
    Free Member

XT’s are great well the new ones are as are the New Hope EVO XC.

trail_rat – Member

dales rider – the lever blade is riveted to the body – or it certainly is on the 3 pairs of shimanos ive got in my house but they are not current models. Saints, XT and servo wave Xts

So its as I said then £35 for a lever with a free reservoir thrown in.

BTW you can change the lever the part number for a new XT lever is Y8VC98030 or Y8VC98040 RH and LH.

OLDER STUFF

pinhead
    Free Member

v2 compared to XT…. XT it is most defiantly.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I was told by someone, Think it was a willowing Pussy, that I was inept because all I want is a lever.

There is a lot of people on here being confused between “lever unit” and “Lever Blade”

Pussy willow is right though, shimano work out loads cheaper for a complete lever unit.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

There is a lot of people on here being confused between “lever unit” and “Lever Blade”

Pussy willow is right though, shimano work out loads cheaper for a complete lever unit.

But only if you wanted the reservoir, if you just needed a blade you’d be £19 down on the deal 😉

pussywillow
    Free Member

Dales_rider – Member
    pinhead – Member
    Dales_rider – Member
    pinhead – Member
    Dales_rider – Member
    CRC maybe
    Do you have a link ?

Yes but no but yes
    £35
    POSTED 3 HOURS AGO #

I think with a username like yours then it clearly shows you don’t really even need brakes riding around the dales!!!
    When your riding is hard and fast that’s when you can really notice what a good brake is, and hope just don’t cut it!

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Mr Willow I think if you knew me your opinion would change, if ever your up this way maybe just maybe I will use my Hope brakes just enough to slow down so as you can stay on my wheel.

‘Appen thats why mine last so long, dont use em much.

pussywillow
    Free Member

Dales_rider – Member
    Mr Willow I think if you knew me your opinion would change, if ever your up this way maybe just maybe I will use my Hope brakes just enough to slow down so as you can stay on my wheel.
    ‘Appen thats why mine last so long, dont use em much.
    POSTED 3 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

RSS feed for this topic

😀 I really don’t think so! You keep living in fantasy land while jerking off at the keyboard! 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

Trolly troll is a bad troll 🙂

khani
    Free Member

OMG! Between this and the pulling a pretty Laydee thread it’s like being back at primary school.
    All I need now is for Maggie to nick my milk..

pussywillow
    Free Member

Your right, it’s getting quite childish now.

Nobby

For Dales-rider

It seems you have to look outside the UK for the aftermarket ones so may as well buy the originals.

$12 for Deore up to $35 for XTR.

That said, I’d go for a full assembly myself – shiny, shiny.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

pussywillow – Member

I really don’t think so! You keep living in fantasy land while jerking off at the keyboard!

Ha insults now, you must be one of them there southern lot ATGNI
    I’d post some pictures to show you but from the race numbers you’d then know who I really am. So till you venture up North start getting those skills honed so as not to be left behind.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Nobby – Member

For Dales-rider

It seems you have to look outside the UK for the aftermarket ones so may as well buy the originals.

$12 for Deore up to $35 for XTR.

That said, I’d go for a full assembly myself – shiny, shiny.

Nobby I know, if you don’t know me just look at the name and think back to SITS. 😀 😀 😀

pussywillow
    Free Member

Dales_rider – Member
    pussywillow – Member
    I really don’t think so! You keep living in fantasy land while jerking off at the keyboard!
    Ha insults now, you must be one of them there southern lot ATGNI
    I’d post some pictures to show you but from the race numbers you’d then know who I really am. So till you venture up North start getting those skills honed so as not to be left behind.
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO #

Skills honed for the dales!!! 😯 That says it all! 😆
    Anybody can enter races btw. Come down to wharney and ride where the big boys play!
    I’ll even give you some free tuition just to show there’s no hard feelings?

Brianblessed
    Free Member

was this supposed to be a serious thread ?

khani
    Free Member

Maxxis Ardents..

Nobby

Nobby I know, if you don’t know me just look at the name and think back to SITS. 😀

What is this “SITS” of which you speak?

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Sliding In The Shite

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is there a conclusion to what brake for mincing round a forum and online c*ck measuring?

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 209 total)

The topic ‘Hope-less brakes’ is closed to new replies.