Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope hubs and maxle problem
  • stennah
    Free Member

Hi just converted my hope 3 hubs to 12mm from qr to accommodate my mega and there seems movement in the rear wheel now I’ve read something about hope hubs not getting on with the maxle anyone else have or had the same problem ? Any fix ?
    Cheers

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

the only hope hub/maxle problem I’ve heard is the alloy axle snapping as the tapered/butted maxle doesn’t support the axle where the bearings sit. Have you missed a seal or spacer?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What did you do for the conversion? The ProII Evo ones were just an end cap swap so not much to go wrong there.
    If you changed more inside then get the exploded drawing and start again.

teethgrinder

Hope Pro3 are road/non-disc aren’t they? Pro2, Pro2evo and Pro4 are MTB.

Gunz
    Free Member

I had exactly the same problem with a new Pro 4 hub. It turned out that the movement (which felt like bearing movement) was the result of loose spokes in a terribly constructed wheel. Probably a unique occurrence but maybe worth checking.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

the only hope hub/maxle problem I’ve heard is the alloy axle snapping as the tapered/butted maxle doesn’t support the axle where the bearings sit.

I had this on my 5 & broke 2. Hope replaced it with a steel one FOC & It’s been ok since, that was 4 years ago.

stennah
    Free Member

They are ztr crests and the wheels were fine on my five just last week i have some hope pro 4 wheels on order from tredz so I will be changing the wheels over soon. All I did was to take off the qr end caps and replace with the new 12mm end caps so I can’t see how I missed any spacers or washers I’ll check the spokes and hope that’s the problem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope hubs and maxle problem’ is closed to new replies.