Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope Hub Servicing – Help!
  • noswar
    Free Member

Hi All,

I’ve been servicing my rear Hope Pro 2 Evo hub as per the Hope video guide.

However, when reassembling the hub, I cannot get the non-drive side spacer to fit flush. It’s about 0.5mm proud and thus drags on the spacer.

The issue isn’t the seal, as even without the seal the spacer still sits proud.

As part of the service I didn’t remove the bearing from the axle at the non-drive side. Also, I have tried tapping the bearing further in to make space for the spacer, but to no avail.

Any help or advise really appreciated.

Thanks.

robhughes
    Free Member

Grease behind it.??

DiscJockey
    Free Member

So you’re saying part 19 of the below diagram isn’t seating correctly ?

http://cdn.hopetechnology.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ProIIEVORearExploded.pdf

noswar
    Free Member

Yes.

And I didn’t remove part 20 (bearing) from the axle either.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Fine to leave the bearing on the axle, apart from the potential issues of it getting reseated by being pulled inwards by its inner race (when you knock the axle back in) as opposed to being reseated by a bearing driver over the outer cartridge casing. But anyway, that’s another topic !

So what about the rubber seal ? Is that seated nice and parallel to the bearing? You actually need to wipe off any grease from the bearing outer surface, and fit the seal grease-free (wet with Meths for lube to help it slide in). So as Rob Hughes suggest, it could be trapped grease….

tandemwarriors

I recall having the same problem. Am trying to remember how I fixed it and I think I found I hadn’t pressed the non-drive side bearing fully home.
    Worth checking.

Rob

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope Hub Servicing – Help!’ is closed to new replies.