Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hope hub issues, help please.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

A mates just brought his bike round for me to look at coz something wasn’t right with the drive train. Got the spanners out with the intention of removing the cassette and having a look at the free hub as he reckoned it wasn’t engaging properly. On doing this no spanners were required as the cassette and free hub body came away in one. It had sheared the maxle bit clean off at the point where it comes out of the hub. Is this common? Would it be a warranty issue. Thanks in advance.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Quite common – hope will sort no problem

gillycoops
    Free Member

Its happened to Me about 3 times, Hope supplied Me with some spare parts in the end through my local bike shop as it kept happening & that way We always had one in stock ready for the next time. I’ve never had a problem with the QR ones I’ve had though…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The cassette and freehub body do come away in one. You can just pull them off.

wrightyson
    Free Member

This has definitely sheared the bit the maxle pushes thro, I’m not up on how they work to be fair because I run quick release.

kaesae
    Free Member

Is it a pro2 hub?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yup pro 2 with maxle.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I believe they do tend to break when you use a maxle with a pro 2 I am sure hope will sort you out

coatesy
    Free Member

Maxle lite? Their waisted section doesn’t provide any support to the axle at it’s most highly stressed point, we’ve been getting them replaced with a standard section item as part of the warranty replacement deal.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Thanks for the help folks. Who’s best to contact as its a second hand bike, hope direct, or go to the lbs??

coatesy
    Free Member

Not much chance of official warranty unless bought from a shop, but a goodwill gesture may well be on the cards as it’s a known problem.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

wrightyson – hope sorted me out when I cracked the flange of hub which I couldn’t prove I’d bought. Try them directly – there are return/warranty forms you can download from their website.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Mine ‘went’ last week, gettin it sorted FOC by LBS tomorrow.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hope hub issues, help please.’ is closed to new replies.