Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope hose 5mm or 6mm
  • rOcKeTdOg

for mono minis? with original fittings, can't find indication of size on the hope website, crc offers both sizes but yo need different fitings for each, just want to replace hose but ubsure of the size of the hose on now (not at home to measure) brakes are circa 2007

Onzadog
    Free Member

As a rough guide, black hose was 6mm and silver was 5mm.

richen987
    Free Member

i have the silver and black ones (hope mono minis) and have just replaced with 5mm hose worth getting some new olives as one of mine snapped 🙁

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Goz
    Free Member

I know a chap who can sort it !

Tony.w
    Free Member

Just doing my Mono Mini's as newframe mean't different hose lenght (longer) currently got 6mm & 5mm is the latest but to change I also need the fittings IE Lever end: Hose insert, olive, cap and brake lever fitting (not sure what this is called) Caliper end: Hose insert, olive, cap and Banjo fitting. All this X 2 then af course hose. Picking up friday about £40 beware CRC kit is for one end only (front or rear)
    Hope this helps its how I understand it anyway. Sorry to woffle on.
    Tony

coastkid
    Free Member

i have both old Hopes,is it the all alloy caliper brakes?,if so 6mm original hoses,is it the black with gold screw in cap thingys?,then 5 mm original hoses…mine are so old cant remmember which is which!…just know they keep on working 😮

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

Hope connectors cost pennies from your local shop and the 5mm hose is much better in terms of lever feel you don't get the flex in the hose you used to get on old 6mm hose.
    The difference in the connectors is :- the old 6mm have 2 flats on the olive cowl. The 5mm has 8mm hex cowls. There are also differences internally where the olive and spigot fittings are seperate on the 5mm with a crush washer, and the 6mm has the spigot (barbed section that goes into the hose) fixed onto the connectors at the lever and caliper.
    Just buy some 5mm connectors, or get a Goodridge Hose kit for even better results and a lifetime guarantee.

coatesy
    Free Member

The new type cowls can actually have either two or six flats depending on whether you have braided hoses or not(two flats for braided), and are made of stainless rather than aluminium,hope that's helpful.

rOcKeTdOg

lol, I think I've got it now!

Goz, I wouldn't trouble you with something so trivial!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope hose 5mm or 6mm’ is closed to new replies.