Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope hoops worth the money?
  • hugh_b
    Free Member

Currently have some dt swiss 340 hubs on xm317 disk rims with db dt spokes. A very nice wheelset, however i quite like the look of the hope hoops 5.1 wheelset as an upgrade. Always liked the hope parts and love the freewheeling noise. Wouldn’t mind the 5.1’s as they would suit my all mountain build a little better. Are they worth the money though? Are they that much better than what i have?

Hugh

Elmo
    Free Member

Mine are lurvely!
    And the Freewheeling noise is a marmite thing!

I love it!

Never ridden the other wheels, so its completely biased!

catshoe
    Free Member

I also got the 5.1 Hoops and reckon I can feel the difference over the cheap Mavic factory built wheels they replaced. A year in and they are still nice and true etc. Not as pretty as the Mavic hubs but ride nicer

nodrog2
    Free Member

Plenty of other rims options on hope hoops also available. 717, 521, 721, stans 355, stans flow as well as the usual DT offerings.

Good wheels. Machine built but good all the same.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

As mentioned above the rim selection is a lot more varied now, I’ve just had a pair of Pro3 SP on Stans 355 and a pair of Pro2 on Flow and both are nicely built and very good value for money, if you add up the component parts you end up with free spokes and building.

ScotlandTheScared

I would say the hopes are top value – especially, as blazin-saddles says, with the stans rims. I’ve got a set of Pro2 on stans 355 rims on their way for £250 which surely is a bargain. Local bike shop did me a great deal – am happy I am supporting my local shop as well as quenching my thirst for shiny new bike parts 🙂

Now all I have to decide is whether to run them tubless just now or to wait for when I put ‘summer’ tyres on…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope hoops worth the money?’ is closed to new replies.