Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope Hoops which ones?
  • lodge
    Free Member

Going to get some Hope Hoops for my new build a Steel Hardtail, looking to build it light for some XC eduro riding combined with some trail centre use. it wont be my only rig as I have a patriot with 36’s for the harsher stuff.
    Not sure to go for pro 2’s or the pro 3’s with the 3 bolt discs which are lighter and are 28 hole.
    I am fairly light at 10.5 stone.
    Any advice and rim recommendations greatly appreciated

njee20
    Free Member

Just get bog standard Pro 2s on Crests. IMO the more expensive options (SP, Pro 3s etc) aren’t worth it, if you’re prepared to spend that sort of money then there are better hubs out there.

RealMan
    Free Member

+1 for proIIs and crests.

Northwind

Sounds right to me too. Wouldn’t mess around with nonstandard discs. And straightpulls are a pain to find in a hurry too. You don’t need the strength of the flows from the sounds of it, and you can’t get a Hoops Arch which would be the other contender, so Crests.

Though… You might also want to consider Roval Traversees, if they’re still on discount, that’d get you a lighter wheelset with effectively a DT240 hub. Not the strongest but should be well up for what you describe.

Deveron53
    Free Member

+1 Pro2s with normal J-bend spokes and Crest rims. Keep it simple!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hope Hoops which ones?’ is closed to new replies.