Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hope Hoops or JRA / Merlin custom build ?
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Yes I know, sure its been done loads but…. 😆
    Wait for it…..

£300 for Hope 29er Hoops or… Just riding along / Merlin custom builds @ £400 ish.

Other than the ability to select colours, what would you do ?
    Are the Hopes a good a build as say JRA / Merlin ?

Had some JRA built 29er wheels and they were great – on other hand, had some Freeborn hoops built and the were totally aweful (poor tension, out of true in no time – now non retrieveable !)

Lets have some opinion….
    Thanks

chakaping
    Free Member

Had a few pairs of Hope Hoops in recent years and all have been v good builds.

Daffy

If I were after Hope Hubs, I’d go with the Hoops. The cost of them is incredible for what you get.

It’s just cost me £90 for a Stans crest 29er rim and some DT Comp spokes and nipples for a build. Hope you can get a set of Hope hubs included for an additional £75, I have no idea.

nicksee
    Free Member

another vote for hoops, running great after 6 months of abuse. Got mine from 18 bikes and was able to pick hub colour if thats what your after 😉

si-wilson
    Free Member

£300? Try the link below, other rims available too 🙂

Hope 29er wheels

youngrob

I’ve just fitted some Hope Hoops and they seem pretty good but I’ve only been out on them once so far. I got them from the CRC warehouse shop and asked for them to be checked before I took them away as their wheel build room is beside the shop. Just as well as they were not true, so get them checked if you can.

supertacky
    Free Member

Hope hoops, just put some grease in the bearings when you buy them. Ive found them to be a little “light” on grease from new.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Hope hoops, they’re just awsum VFM

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ve had custom hope builds, 3 sets of hoops in the family all been great.

Opted for a custom build as I wanted specific colours and a slightly different spoke/nipple combo. My LBS is a good wheel builder so made sense.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Anyone know if you can get a different rear hub? I’d like to spec a 142X12 on 29er Flows.

EDIT: Sorry for the hijack 😳

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Anyone know if you can get a different rear hub? I’d like to spec a 142X12 on 29er Flows.

Hope ProII Evo is all 135/142 varieties in one, it just needs adapters

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Si – got any 29er Flows with white rims Hoops ?

peterfastlane
    Free Member

Just brought a pair of wheels from superstar component. Their hubs with ztr crests, and race spokes @ £200 delivered.the hubs are convertable to the usual sizes and you can have flow rims if you want at the same price. Choice of black or white rims/ hubs. Some poor reviews, but i am happy with mine so far . 26 and 29er

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hope Hoops or JRA / Merlin custom build ?’ is closed to new replies.