Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Hoops on Floe Rims. Still need rimstrips??
  • Rollo
    Free Member

Ordered some Hope Hoops on Flow Rims, arriving early next week (I time for PPDS I hope!!). But do Ineed to order any other bits, like valves and rim strips? The LBS said they havw tubless bits in stock, but not stans, will this matter? Trying to avoid having no time to order the extra bits needed.

So yellow rim tape? 25mm? valves? any rim tape will do? non stans valves ok?

Over to the STW massive!

njee20
    Free Member

You can either use yellow tape and a vavle (any will work), or you can get Stan’s rim strips, they make it much easier to fit and inflate tyres, but make no difference once the tyres are fitted. If you’re a habitual tyre-changer you may want to get rim strips, otherwise don’t bother.

easygirl

stans yellow rim tape and a tubeless valve, thats it.
    you need the specific stans tape to make them tubeless, its a plastic type that stretches as you apply it.

Rollo
    Free Member

cheers,

usually stick with one set of tyres till they’re done, so seems safe enough to let the lbs fit whatever they have in stock. May be cheaper too.

Im fitting some high roller single ply dh tyres to them, these will need some latex sealant? but that should be all right?

So many options, all it needs to do is hold air!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve been through this recently. The advice I was given was for UST/2Bliss type tyres, 25mm yellow tape and a stans valve. If using normal tyres, use the flow specific rim strip.

I decided to chance it with normal tyres and the yellow tape. I’ve had a couple of rapid deflation incidents! I’ve now fitted UST tyres with the yellow tape on the rim and things have been flawless. Basically, the Flow specific rim strip takes up the slack on a normal tyre bead.

Hope that makes sense.

Rollo
    Free Member

cheers!

STATO
    Free Member

they make it much easier to fit and inflate tyres, but make no difference once the tyres are fitted

The advice I was given was for UST/2Bliss type tyres, 25mm yellow tape and a stans valve. If using normal tyres, use the flow specific rim strip.

In my experience its worth running the specific FLOW rubber rim strip whatever tyre you run, especially if your planning on running low pressures and doing rough stuff. Basically the rubber rim strip makes the tyre really tight around the bead hook when inflated so it holds onto the tyre a lot better and means you will be less likely to pull a tyre off or lose the seal (due to drings or crashes or whatever)

Rollo
    Free Member

Oh dear, now its starting to get complicated again!

It should be somple, an if I were playing on local trails wouldnt mind the ‘bedding in’ period of new compnents and finding the best setup. But these are off to the Alps straight away so want to get it rght first time!

Definitive answer anyone?

STATO
    Free Member

Im fitting some high roller single ply dh tyres to them, these will need some latex sealant? but that should be all right?

These should be tight enough so just yellow tape and valve if youve got that already, just chuck in a good cupful of sealant and that’ll do you. Normal stans rubber rim strips dont fit the flows so youd have to order special FLOW ones if you wanted them and most places seem to be out of stock at the moment.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Hoops on Floe Rims. Still need rimstrips??’ is closed to new replies.