Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope hoops flow Ex still the go to wheelset
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Thinking about turning into a sheep and going 650b.
    Are Hope wheels still the best value for money or is there something better on the market for the same sort of price.
    Also where’s the best place/price to purchase these.

squoglybob
    Free Member

I’d had some bad reviews on HOPE Hoops when i looked at exactly the same set up as you. Riding buddys loosing spokes, snapping, not tight enough, Generally poorly put together.

This was about 2 years ago so their process may have changed.

I bought the Rims from 18 Bikes as they were the only ones at the time with them in, HOPE Hubs from Stif and had them built there for roughly the same cost as the Hoops. In that time they havent needed touching and are super strong rims, i had the bearings replaced last week as the originals were still in as a preventative measure and apart from that they have been excellent.

Garry_Lager

Good wheelset, you won’t go wrong with them, but doubt they’re the best value for money option just based on the hub. Nowt special about the pro2 / 3 relative to something like a novatec, IMHO, but they cost a fair bit more.

tmb467
    Free Member

have a look at Moonglu for wheels

handbuilt, competitively priced and a good solid selection of hubs & rims

spectabilis
    Free Member

Best your gonna get for the money IMO , Unfortunately Hope are phasing the Flow out in favour of their own Tech Enduro’s

smatkins1
    Free Member

If I needed to buy a pair of wheels today it’d be a pair of Flow EX/Pro2’s.

Very happy with mine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope hoops flow Ex still the go to wheelset’ is closed to new replies.