Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Hoops deals on Wiggle – I'm spoilt for choice, need some guidance
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Was looking at a custom Merlin build of XM719s on Pro IIs, but just looked on Wiggle and found they're selling Hope Hoops packages that are coming out at exactly the same price as the Merlin package. So…

What rim do I choose? Me and the club I ride with do XC, all-day trail riding, technical downhills including drop-offs up to 6ft, enduros – basically the whole gamut. My bike is a Trance and I want a strong but light rim for all of the above, hence the original plan for XM719s over say, 717s.

The other plan is to eventually go tubeless, or to have the option to go tubeless, but boy, what a faff, apparently.

The Hope Hoops rim choices include various DT Swiss, Mavic and Stans No Tubes. I'm thinking the No Tubes FLOW (light and strong). But can I run tubes and standard tyres easily (ie do standard tyres fit on easy)? Are there tubeless advantages with No Tubes rims over standard rims?

For the all-round riding I have described, what rim choice would you go for from what's available here: Offer page on Wiggle for rear Hope Hoop

Bearing in mind I currently run Mavic Crossrides, so whatever rim choice I go for, I'll save a significant chunk of weight, therefore I'm not overly fussed about going for the lightest option. Would rather future-proof strength if I ever choose to build a bigger bike up.

Help!

uplink
    Free Member

I'd be wary of anything that they don't actually have stock for

nuke

No brainer in my mind: Stans Flow…only 10g heavier than 719 rim but wider and stronger imo. I run Stans with tubes no probs.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

uplink, good point, but surely wiggle should be able to source out of stock I would have thought? Hope recently launched their new rims choices, so I believe these are all credible options available.

uplink
    Free Member

Jim – they have previous of not exactly knowing when out of stock items can be sourced

Leku
    Free Member

5% off wiggle if you go via this web-site. Not done it myself but maybe worth a pun?

karnali
    Free Member

10% off if you go thought the ctc web shop it is wiggle, they will ask for ctc membership details, just ignore ifot a member u still get the discount

ctc.org.uk i think

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Check out Winstanleys prices, they don't hold stock either but they only took 6 days to deliver my EX721/SP AM4 wheels…which are nice.

I think it's probably the case that most r/etailers won't hold stock of Hope Hoops but will order on demand…

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Top Cashback works well for me with Wiggle and Evans.

My other advice would be to avoid the DT rims on the Hoops packages – the hubs are awesome, the rims dent so easily. I have no experience of the Stans. Have you looked at Lifecycles for an AM / XC build? They may be a touch dearer but the build quality will be superb – and that is said from experience!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Hoops deals on Wiggle – I'm spoilt for choice, need some guidance’ is closed to new replies.