Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Hope hoops
  • J273
    Free Member

Does anyone know where the best place is to buy some hope hoops atm?

Looking for some stans flows white with red hubs.

Anyone know any good deals around ?

Thanks

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Not looked recently but got some Pro 3SP’s with stans from Winstanleys V CHEAP 12 months ago

J273
    Free Member

They only do all black as far as i can see.

Ive found them here http://www.moonglu.com/shop/hope-hoops-pro-2-on-white-stans-flow-rims/

Which is exactly what im after – Can anyone find cheaper than that?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    honourablegeorge

“Hope Hoops” only come in black – Moonglu build their own to the same spec as Hope – Merlin might do you similar (Use code VIP10 for 19% off) for cheaper, but I doubt it. CRC too.

honourablegeorge

Sorry, 10%, not 19

J273
    Free Member

Ahh thanks didn’t realize that.

Ill check merlins out.

ratherbeintobago

“Hope Hoops” only come in black

That’s not correct.

Andy

si-wilson
    Free Member
    HantsNightRider
    Free Member

Winstanley are a good price
    Front £104
    Rear £176
    but black hubs white rims

MrDomino
    Free Member

“Hope Hoops” only come in black

Looks like they only come in black according to the link?

ratherbeintobago

Looks like they only come in black according to the link?

Bottom right of the picture it says “Flow Rims now available in white”

Andy

MrDomino
    Free Member

Ahh the rims not the hubs, my mistake.

ratherbeintobago

To be fair, I’d not read the OP properly. While you can get white rims, the hubs only come in black unless you want custom (I got a DT XRC 400 on a 28h Pro II made up by the LBS for less than CRC are selling the Hope Hoop rear for, so even for a Stan’s rim it shouldn’t be frantically more expensive).

Andy

MrDomino
    Free Member

That’s what I thought. I got 355’s with gold hubs all badged as hope hoops through my LBS, however they do have a very close relationship with Hope.

spikey
    Free Member

Lex’s mountainbike heven have em.

njee20
    Free Member

Hope ‘Pro Shops’ or whatever they’re called can get coloured hubs on Hope Hoops.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

A small point that may or may not bother you – white Flows weigh 40g more each.

si-wilson
    Free Member

You can get coloured rims and hubs, but not at normal Hoop prices. Expect to pay around £350.

Northwind

gravity-slave – Member

A small point that may or may not bother you – white Flows weigh 40g more each.

Really? Blimey. I’ve been wanting a set of white ones for a while to replace the black ones on the Hemlock, but now I won’t.

God, that’s really pathetic :mrgreen:

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Yup, from Stan’s own site:
    http://www.notubes.com/Flow-Rims-C22.aspx

Black – 470g
    White – 510g

Every little helps 😉

Northwind

Certainly couldn’t abide my 36lb bike having 80 grams more paint on the rims :mrgreen:

J273
    Free Member

Jeez wouldn’t of thought that……think im still going to go white though and order from moonglu as i cant find any cheaper than that. (£305)

Are the stans flows about as good as it gets rim for strength/weight? for the money without spending £££££

I currently use mavic 823 rims which are 666g real weight according to weight weenies and are total overkill for what i use – bought them used as i wanted a decent UST rim but now wanting something a little lighter now.

Are the flows worth the extra over say Mavic en521’s ….which according to weight weenies weight 531g.

Ive got a spare PRO2/EN521 rear wheel which i planned on pairing with another for the front (£97 from merlins) but im thinking now just to sell the three wheels i have and go for the flows.

Just undecided on whether to pay the extra for the flows or go cheaper with the EN521’s which will be alot cheaper as i already have the rear.

roblane65
    Free Member

go for the straight pull evo’s lighter and tighter than standard evo’s
    but only in black, any hope tech shops should get u coloured hubs at no extra cost but hope will only do them for tech shops.

Northwind

J273 – Member

Are the stans flows about as good as it gets rim for strength/weight? for the money without spending £££££

Pretty hard question tbh. But mine have proved tough as nails despite the low weight, and obviously tubeless ready too. Not going to say whether they’re stronger or weaker than my 721s, don’t honestly know, but they’ve shrugged off blows in much the same way.

Not sure I’d buy the rims seperately but in a full Hoops/equivalent build they work out much better value.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

They are both listed as 28mm rims. Flows are pretty good and easy to set up tubeless but they ding easier than Mavics and lack the eyelets so potentially weaker around the nipple.

I’d probably go with the 521’s unless you want to go tubeless or save weight (doesn’t look like you do).

Flows are expensive on their own but Flows on a Hoop work out as a relative ‘bargain’.

J273
    Free Member

Im only really going for the flows to save weight as the 823’s are FR/AM rims really and weighty.

With the flows allowing me to go tubeless thats whats drawing me towards the flows rather than EN521’s

Hmm what to do – Buy another en521 for the front costing me under a ton and then sell me 823 wheelset or sell the lot and go for a brand new pair of flows.

As said though the only reason is to save the weight – wouldn’t mind the white rims though 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Are the stans flows about as good as it gets rim for strength/weight?

The black ones are.

😉

Ollie_H
    Free Member

I’ve bought wheels built by Merlin before, I had to re-tension them before I even rode them. Whereas, I will only buy wheels from Moonglu now. I’ve had 2 sets of the Hope/Stans from Neil (Moonglu) and they’re brilliant (including some pretty ugly/big hits in the Alps). Bit of a no-brainer for me now.

blinty
    Free Member

when i bought my hope hoops last year black was the only option. went for straight pull pro 2 on en 521s, still running well. even use them for downhill on my patriot at cwmcarn as i havnt bought its own set of wheels yet..

J273
    Free Member

Think ive decided on the flow rather than EN521’s with them allowing me to go tubeless.

Now white or black????…Thinking black now as white might be a little overkill – Thoughts?

roblane65
    Free Member

WHITE,,,,,

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

1) White is pimp
    2) The white would definitely match the white highlights on your frame.

DO IT!!!

J273
    Free Member

Ive just found this on youtube…..What do you guys think?

si-wilson
    Free Member

If its just white rims you need with black hubs we can do them for the price advertised here, Hope Hoops

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

white on red for you I think…

shieldsmtb
    Free Member

buy the rims seperate get them powdercoated then built up or buy my hope pro 2 hubs on mavic 321s

J273
    Free Member

Still undecided….Going to order today.

Are the white worth the extra 80g the pair over the black?

honourablegeorge

BLACK

You’ll ruin that bike with hideous white rims

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Are the white worth the extra 80g the pair over the black?

Not in my opinion.

nedrapier

black on the spec. for my money.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Hope hoops’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts