Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope Hed Doctor into Carbon Steerer – advice please
  • trickpsyclist
    Free Member

Before i completely b*gger the steerer or the hed-doctor can someone offer advice on how to get it in.

the sleeve, even in its most relaxed state appears to be too big to fit into the steerer.

Any advice on how to fit it would be welcome.

I have tried freezing it to reduce its size – still no luck.

the steerer is from the Rockshox Reba W/C series.

michaelbowden

Don’t do it! You need to get yourself a proper carbon steerer bung before you kill your forks.

I’ve got these forks.

dan86
    Free Member

I used this, then just used the bolt and top cap from my hed doctor http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/FSPXFBUMK2/planet_x_carbon_steerer_fork_bung_mk_2

jabbi
    Free Member

Not 100% sure but there’s probably a specific steerer plug for the carbon steerer, The wall thickness of the carbon is usually thicker than the alloy equivalent, so the hed-doctor will be too big as it’s made for a alloy/steel steerer, Maybe get in touch with Fishers/Sram and find out.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Very tricky operation and scared the hell out of me but managed it but I wouldn’t do it again though! As already said, get a carbon specific one!

Northwind

I turned mine down in the lathe, only way it was ever going to work. The range of sizes the Hope one can do is pretty slim.

ianfitz
    Free Member

See if you can source a similar thing from a roadie shop. Carbon steered quite popular with our skinny tyre’d cousins.

I have one fitted in a pair a carbon steerer sus forks. Can’t remember what make it is though, sorry.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope Hed Doctor into Carbon Steerer – advice please’ is closed to new replies.