Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope headset fitting instruction/ diagram etc
  • seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I have a second hand Hope headset I'm wanting to fit. I know its not rocket science to fit an headset. But There are 3 thin shims in the packet the headset came in. I'm not too sure what these are for? If anything! Its the newer style Hope headset, not the older ones with te pressed in bearings. Being used there are no instructions with. I can only find a diagram on the net for the older Hope headset not the new one. Any ideas where to find one?

tragically1969
    Free Member

Did you think of looking on the Hope website ?

http://www.hopetech.com/database/Hope%20Technology%20Headset%20guide.pdf

wwaswas

and it shows that the headset comes with a crown race!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Service guide here if its any help !

http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/features/maintenance/hope-headset-service.htm

BTW the shim goes under the top cover – so the top cover sits properly so the seal sits right (gap=leaky, too tight=friction and seal wear)

lesinge
    Free Member

The shims go on top of the tapered ring (should have split in) and below the top cap seal. You don't need to use all of them but if you feel a slight stiction when complete then using 2 or 3 shims can alleviate this. Hope this helps (excuse the pun) 😉

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

No I never thought of looking on the Hope site tragically1969. I just wanted some guy from Singletrack to state if I had looked! I went on but could not find any info only on the old version of the headset. 🙂

Cheers though looks like all the info you guys have will do the trick.

Edit- I have seen an headset use this design. Thats the first place I fitted it to but took it apart to make sure. I'm not convinced by the design, but hey!

tragically1969
    Free Member

I just wanted some guy from Singletrack to state if I had looked

🙄 Glad you were not disappointed….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope headset fitting instruction/ diagram etc’ is closed to new replies.